How to make Low Beams Off When High Beams Are On

Hardaway11

Reaction score
How to make the Low Beams turn off when High beams turn on. I have a 2000 honda accord v6 and I have white low hid and purple high beam hid and I was wondering is there anything I can do so the low beams turn off when I turn my high beams on?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
why would you want to turn off the lows when they still continue to help you see when your highs are on? especially when having useless purple lights :ugh:

and im pretty sure you cant have them turn off when you turn the highs on, unless you cut the wire for the highs and wire it to a separate switch.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
1. why?
2. purple? :ugh:
3. relays and diodes

i dont know exactly how to do it (cause that would be wasted space inside my head :lawl: ) but the principle would be the same as any relay circuit. you have a switch that gets flipped when it has a signal to do so. that signal would be sent from the high beam switch, telling the low beams to turn off.

so...i'm thinking you'd need 2 relay harnesses...one for the high beams, and one for the low beams. if youre lost at this point, it probably shouldn't be done :lawl:

andy kinda beat me to it :action-smiley-042:

Hardaway11

Reaction score
LOL Na I'm doing it strictly for car show purposes only I was just wondering was it possible.

Hardaway11

Reaction score
Yeah where I live at in parking lots at night on certain nights people are out there showing there cars off. My cars fine now I just wanted to no if I could switch urn the lows off when the highs are on.

Back