Po401 p0702

Mikee1432

Reaction score
2000 Honda Accord Ex V6 3.0L Milage 277011

HELP ASAP
I pulled the above 2 codes on my v6 accord and have so far been unable to fix them. Right now I've replaced the EGR TWICE, cleaned the intake plunnem EGR port and the port where the intake manifold hooks up, and I've cleaned the ports where the EGR hooks up. The code still keeps coming back. I have no idea what to do at this point, and am looking for advice

As for the P0702, transmission range sensor malfunction, I've replaced the sensor once so far, and the code came back. Are there any other confirmed fixes for this???

Need help ASAP my tags are 8 months past due and I can't afford to have the car impounded. PLEASE HELP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mikee1432

Reaction score
Is taking it to a mechanic not an option?
At the moment it's not really in my budget. I work at an auto repair shop, and my master tech has been trying to help me on it, but so far the only other thing we've been able to find is that on these Honda's the MAP Sensor works in union with the EGR. I replaced it yesterday and now I'm praying itbworks. But I'm still at a loss on the transmission range sensor

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Well, from the shop manual, page 14-138, I've attached a couple screenshots for the transmission range selector.

Assuming that the shop manual uses the same terminology....

Attachments

• Range Select 1.jpg
    Range Select 1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 31
  • Range Select 2.jpg
    Range Select 2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 31

Mikee1432

Reaction score
Got both issues fixed, the transmission range sensor info did help alot, thank you for that man [emoji106]

Enne

Reaction score
Thanks for coming back and confirming the issue has been resolved! :waytogo: It really helps the forum when people follow up.

Back