A Good HID kit??

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That's great research, but really, as long as you can get something with a lifetime warranty, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
My $30 eBay kits are doing fine :lawl:

Lifetime warranty. I would buy morimoto but I can't personally justify it.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Morimoto.

TRS is always looking for way to improve their products.

They make slimmer faster igniting ballasts.

They admit when they messup and they own the mistakes by taking care of their customers.

They have some of the best aftermarket bulbs in terms of quality, ACCURATE color and brightness. XB series ftw.

I've owned DDM ballasts. The input pins rusted out on me, and the ballast felt light and cheap.

TRS ballasts are solid. Heavy. and fully potted. Theres videos of them abusing the ballasts and even dunking them in water and igniting the bulb.

The lights feel like OEM. They always startup when i turn the switch..

My next retro will AGAIN have TRS parts.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Does no one use the McCulloch kits anymore? I've had a kit on my car for 5-6 years with no issues besides going through two light bulbs.

R.Nola

Reaction score
thanks for all the help. I know with a lifetime warranty I don't have to worry but It would be a hassle having to swap ballast every few months. im looking at the TRS, reviews seem promising.

R.Nola

Reaction score
I like the style of the retrofit I haven't seen that before. Here in New Orleans you don't see many nice 6th gen accords. how much does the retro run about?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I like the style of the retrofit I haven't seen that before. Here in New Orleans you don't see many nice 6th gen accords. how much does the retro run about?

Depends on what parts you choose and whether they're OEM Stanley's or not.

And of course you know you have to make them yourself. There's a few people that make them but it's not worth it IMO. Better just to DIY it.

R.Nola

Reaction score
Depends on what parts you choose and whether they're OEM Stanley's or not.

And of course you know you have to make them yourself. There's a few people that make them but it's not worth it IMO. Better just to DIY it.

Yea I I know you have to do the fit your self. I have seen on I believe was the TRS website (not sure) that they sold retrofit kits. I'll have to do more research on them cause im not the best in the wiring department. I can do radios and sub's never tried anything else electrical lol

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
I'm using a Motorfiend.com kit on my Accord, my gf's CRV, and my Lexus SC400 with no problems. My Accord has the 6000k kit and the other two have the 4300k kit with zero issues. Absolutely love them. And there customer service is excellent. Had an issue with the ballast on my Lexus and they sent a new one out free of charge.

Anth

Reaction score
Had my DDM Tuning 6000k kit no problems been two years, also theretrofitsource has some good kits also.

Back