Man.....

Hush

Reaction score
I hate the speakers i bought from my friend's friend, but it was so cheap. Well the infinity Kappa line is pretty good but its coaxle.... but hey it was only 50 bucks and i got his 6x9 infinity Refrence speakers for only 30 bucks, all i need now is an amp and i'm done till summer. Thats when i'll have enough saved for a better deck. Planning on the alpine CDA 8935 or maybe the 9815.

Twobit

Reaction score
Nice....infinity car speakers beat most of the others out. I had them in my old 6th gen and man did they rock....only thing is the bass could be bumped up alittle
so that being said buy a 10" or 12" sub and get maybe a 5 channel amp and just run the speakers all to the amp, should power them all fine don't you think?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
what's wrong with infinitis? hell what's wrong with coaxials - components can offer better imaging, but that doesn't mean coaxials suck lol

an amp for those won't cost you much at all. you should only bother amping the front two channels, and let the back 2 run off your hu. but a 50-100wrms x2 amp will be plenty for those. brand new you could get a damn good one for <$300

Hush

Reaction score
well i'm planning on either a 4 channel or 5 channel amp depends on how much i can find them on ebay. i have a 10in sub in my room too, but i was planning to sell it IF the rear's sound good. if it doesn't hit as hard as i want i'll put the sub in. i just wish i had enough for the alpine cda 9835, i like the way it looks. i know theres the 9855 now but i don't like the touch glide on that deck. i've played around with the 9855 at the store and i just dont like it. its to hard to use. i want to only go one folder over and it jumps me to 2 or 3 folders over. it wouldn't be so bad if you use the remote but i like doing everything from the deck.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yeah i hear you get used to the controls, but that they are a little akward at first. either way though those should both be great decks.

i would really say don't bother amping your rears. when i'm driving around i usually have my fader +4-5 on the fronts because otherwise your soundstage gets sucked into the backseats - the rear speakers are just bigger and at eye level, so that's naturally what you'll hear more of.

didn't realize you already had a sub... i would say use it, throw it in the trunk in a ~.8-1cuft box and get a 4channel amp. run 2 channels in stereo to your front speakers and bridge the other 2 channels to power your sub. amping the rears though is a bad idea imo. also they aren't circular, they are 6x9's, so they will distort much sooner than circular speakers.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i took out my one rear speaker cause i disconnected them both. i didnt want my sub messing up the sound of the speakers. speakers produce sound by moving air, after all, and since the sub produces different frequencies and pushes physically more air, your rears will not be as efficient. my brother had this problem in his 95 maxima. the problem got a lot better when he got abs baffles for the speakers. i would get rid of the rears completely, since i only hear the fronts, but its just me. im one of those "hardcore" people who only have fronts lol. F THE REAR PASSENGERS is what i say hahaha. ive only had one person in back anyway, so oh well.

has anyone had distortion problems with their rears while using a sub? im curious to know how many people rock rears with a sub, and if the sound is affected.

klee

Reaction score
Wildman said:
what's wrong with infinitis? hell what's wrong with coaxials - components can offer better imaging, but that doesn't mean coaxials suck lol

an amp for those won't cost you much at all. you should only bother amping the front two channels, and let the back 2 run off your hu. but a 50-100wrms x2 amp will be plenty for those. brand new you could get a damn good one for <$300
^^^ I was thinking the samething. What's wrong with coaxials??

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
klee said:
^^^ I was thinking the samething. What's wrong with coaxials??

if you know what you're buying, nothing.

my sub creates a lot of pressure on my rears i'm sure, but so far no noticeable distortion at moderate levels. Can barely hear some distortion in the rears if i turn it up... although I'm sure if I was sitting in the back seat it'd be noticeable quicker. but like I said, my fader is usually set more to the front anyways

NINaudio

Reaction score
I haven't had rear speakers in 6 or 7 years. Don't plan on having them again until surround sound decks and dvd-audio become more widely available.

I've always liked the way infinity's sound. Good speakers for the money IMO.

What sub do you have?

Hush

Reaction score
IDQ10, but i plan on selling that to my friend, i'm just going to wait around till i get enough money for audison 300.4 LRx amp and just run rears with fronts for now. it doesn't bug me too much running rears. i just want something better then stock. i'll be saving for an IDMax12. since i already have the fronts and rears i'll just use them for now, and sell my sub. My friend didn't want the wieght of a sub so he went with Diamond audio M3's in the rear and it sounds just great but then again he does give it power from an amp. it sounds like he has a sub in the car but at very high lvls he'll sound bad but just leaving it at normal lvls and driving around it sounds good. i'm just waiting till summer when ill have save up enough for the audison LRx 300.4 and then i'll start putting together a better system then what i bought from my friend. its just a temp set up till i find a job and get some rainbow fronts. take out the rears and IDmax 12 and an alpine CDA 9835, o and some Edead (matts) for my turnk.

Back