Man.....

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
you should definitely keep the idq, those are supposed to be great subs. plus, from what i've heard you say it will be plenty loud if spl isn't your main interest. that's really the only advantage of the idmax over the idq, is spl.

Hush

Reaction score
yah but my friend is running an IDQ 10 right now and it doesn't sound that great. maybe i'll stay with an IDQ series sub and get a 12, but then again his front speakers are really good. Its from ED i think it was like the 6500 6.5.

NINaudio

Reaction score
what kind of power is he giving the sub and what kind of box? I haven't heard anyone complain about ID subs sounding bad before. I would look to something else first before the sub, maybe his box isn't airtight, or his amp is clipping, who knows.....

But, if you do go for the IDmax you won't be disappointed.... :)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Hush said:
yah but my friend is running an IDQ 10 right now and it doesn't sound that great. maybe i'll stay with an IDQ series sub and get a 12, but then again his front speakers are really good. Its from ED i think it was like the 6500 6.5.

Yeah I'm with George he must have it in a prefab box w/ airleaks or something, or maybe its out of phase possibly. Everyone I've talked to that owns/owned an IDQ said they loved it and was one of the best sounding subs they'd ever owned.

I've heard great things about the eD 6500's too, might end up buying a set someday.

Hush

Reaction score
he's running a D5 4 channel amp, but then again it has a rip in the sub. he bought it and didn't see it till last month. i think if he changes to my sub it'll sound better. i'll either sell him my sub or just let him borrow it, cuz he wanted to change to a IDQ12 or even a MAX12, cuz one of your friend's got a good deal on the MAX's so he got 2 of them, so he can resell one. the eD 6500 are a pretty good bang for the buck. i was talking to my friend earlier and he told me to screw the rainbows and go for some seas lotus speakers. any thoughts about the seas lotus speakers??? i haven't heard his set up yet but he said it sounds great with the audison LRx 300.4, and he said that the arc amp was the best but he didnt want to buy another arc amp, he rather sell it and use the LRx, he's trying to look around for a good priced helix amp.

Last edited:

Dallas

Reaction score
i currently have an infinity 7541a amp installed with the factory head unit, it sounds awesome even with it only turned up 1/3 of the way, but i have crappy sony speakers so until i upgrade i can't turn it up anymore.

Back