Need Help

Hush

Reaction score
this is for the 4 doors out there. i just changed amps from a borrowed shitty *** autotek amp to my new love... a JL audio 500/1, and on some songs when i turn it up i hear a rattle around the passenger dash. around the air bag/ stock stweeter area. my friend had this in his RSX and it said that the vent might be rubbing with the AC unit. but i don't really know just asking before i take a look tomorrow.

dynasty

Reaction score
i have a 99 sedan. also have a 2 15s with 400 watt amp. i don't really hear any rattle besides the rear view mirror along with my radar. from outside, it's just my license plate that is rattle and my trunk alittle. but have you checked anything from your glove box or anything on that side?

Hush

Reaction score
i'm not even turning it up that high... its only at 40 on an eclipse deck and that isnt really that high. it might be like 20 on an alpine deck. i never turn my music up past 50 but as of right now i don't even turn it past 40 on some songs just cuz the rattle drives me crazy. i haven't checked anything yet, but i will today. nothing rattles outside cuz i have some rammat placed in areas of the car to stop some of the rattle.

dynasty

Reaction score
well, the point is that you should expect something to rattle. then try to take piece to piece from the car out to see what's rattling and try to tighten those bolts if you have to. for my Panasonic HU, my max for subs would be 35 with -6 on subwoofer control. you could also adjust the volume of the subs on the amp. but about rattling, i'm not sure what it is.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
its probably the door panels.

or check to make sure you don't have loose **** in the bottom of your glove box.

rattles drive me crazy too. i started to FINALLY deaden my doors yesterday. I've only had the liquid deadener sitting around for like 3 months :rolleyes:

Hush

Reaction score
haha yah i used the liquid deadener on my friends RSX, i don't like it that much. i much rather have the mats. i'll order and start deadening next summer its to late now to start deadening my car. i was thinking of doing the whole cab but i said screw it, its alot of work. it took a week to finish an RSX.... thats pretty long for a 2 door car and we have 4 doors.... i'm just going to do all 4 doors and the trunk. thats the main thing. i'll do my floors later on when i don't really need my car. my friend drove around with 1 seat in his RSX for a week. it kinda sucked. i was also wondering has anyone replaced the little dinky *** floor borad in the trunk. i was thinking of using a little thicker wood making a cut in around the spare tire and making that into a door so i can still use my spare tire when it is needed. the reason why i ask is that next summer i'm putting in a bigger box and i know it'll kill the floor borad it won't handle the box at all. i'm putt ing 2 IDq10 v1s, i have one right now and my friend has the other. their matching we got it at the same time and he's going to sell it to me for drit cheap.

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
My accord is pretty new, low mileage so i didn't have to many problems. But spend accouple hours, just listening for rattles and figuring out where to fix them. On my talon, i used alot of that spray foam, worked pretty well. On my accord, i've been using this stuff that is kind of like dynomat in how it looks and how it is applicated. I found it at home depot. Its thinner and lighter though. It doesn't deaded as well but it does work pretty well for rattles. I sort of sacrfied for weight...well, i'm lying, price :D .

Back