A Good HID kit??

R.Nola

Reaction score
What's going on folks I'm new to the thread and have an 02
Accord EX, manual. I was wondering what a good HID kit would be. I have seen the ballast go out relatively quick on many other kits. Just don't want to buy junk. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Suggest you check out the HID discussions that have been had on here numerous times.

Hint - DDM Tuning

Brad2274

Reaction score
Suggest you check out the HID discussions that have been had on here numerous times.

Hint - DDM Tuning

what he said ^ ddm tuning is one of the best out there, comes with lifetime warranty, But do NOT buy them used, i had a ballast go out(it was pretty old) and they said the warranty is only good for the original owner

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
DDM can be a hit or miss from what I've read, but I haven't had any problems. But if they do fail, and you bought them new, they have a lifetime warranty

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
what he said ^ ddm tuning is one of the best out there, comes with lifetime warranty, But do NOT buy them used, i had a ballast go out(it was pretty old) and they said the warranty is only good for the original owner

Many have had bad service with DDM.. I have had to deal with them to get replacements and even when I purchased several kits fron them they took an excessive amount of time to ship and arrive(had 2 ballasts for diff kits that had to send back due to failure), but I will say that yes they are cheap and the warranty is lifetime but I would rather have spent the little extra to get TRS hids because their customer service is top notch.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
DDM ships everything from China, that's why it takes so long. They use to ship from Cali. At some point, their business changed.

I've had two kits form them and no problems though, so I don't have anything bad to say about em.

R.Nola

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everyone. I watched a few reviews of ballast last night to kind of know what to look for. None have a "brand name" but a few indicators for a better made quality. Like being twice as heavy as some. And a crimp style vs. A plastic screw cap leading from the wires. And an all metal body housing.

Back