What colour should I paint my calipers ???

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, I was happy to inherit the CL-Type S 11.8/11.1 F/R rotors and calipers. The previous owner of the CL-S did a horrible job painting them red ... it's not that I dislike the red color, it's just that the quality of the painting was not up to my standards.

So ... I am forced to repaint these calipers, wanted to ask you guys what color you think I should go with. Here's a relatively recent side view of my car, to give you an idea.

youtubechannelart.jpg

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Slim

Reaction score
sand blast them and leave them, im my opinion. unless theyre brembos or something nice looking, there isn't much to show off.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, it seems like variation on the gold/bronze/copper are a popular idea.

sand blast them and leave them, im my opinion. unless theyre brembos or something nice looking, there isn't much to show off.

You bring up a good point. Personally, I am torn. On the one hand I can appreciate painting the calipers as an accent piece to compliment a car's appearance. On the other hand, I've seen too many red painted rear DRUMS which looks soooo ghetto.

I'm gonna have another look at the cl-s calipers and re-evaluate. If they don't look much beefier than the stock accord, I think I'll just paint them matte black to match the Vivrant mufflers look.

Back