got used shocks

Hush

Reaction score
ok i just got my tokico blues off some guy used, i only have the shocks, when i install it on my car do i used all the old stuff, like upper mounts all the stuff around the mounts or should my tokicos come with them?? kinda new to installing things myself. i'm asking cause if i'm missing some thing that should have came with the shocks, i can call the guy and get my money back or get new parts from the guy. i've read on the old forums of the DIY and they didn't say which parts to reuse. i do not have the install guide so i needed help.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
when i installed my tein coilovers i had to re-use the top mounts from the stock struts. if you end up having to do the same its not a big deal, only takes a few minutes to unload the spring and get the top mount. i didn't use a spring compressor, just had a friend hold it and we aimed it at a tire as we were unscrewing the top mount lol

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Wildman said:
just had a friend hold it and we aimed it at a tire as we were unscrewing the top mount lol

Trash cans work good too, and you don't have to worry about where the washers and stuff go. They're all in the trashcan. :D

klee

Reaction score
Wildman said:
when i installed my tein coilovers i had to re-use the top mounts from the stock struts. if you end up having to do the same its not a big deal, only takes a few minutes to unload the spring and get the top mount. i didn't use a spring compressor, just had a friend hold it and we aimed it at a tire as we were unscrewing the top mount lol

What Wildman said. Just reuse the top mounts, washers, and bolts.

acrod99

Reaction score
^^Damn, you guys need spring compressors! Haha-it's so much easier with one.

klee

Reaction score
acrod99 said:
^^Damn, you guys need spring compressors! Haha-it's so much easier with one.

I rented a set from Kragen. In the process of replacing my Honda OEM shock, the shocks were so blown I was able to twist the nut off without the compressor. LOL.

acrod99

Reaction score
My old neighbor made his-he's crazy with making custom tools/parts. We used them even though they were meant for chevy chevelle springs! Haha-let's just say the springs were compressed enough to remove em-but it was sketchy!

Hush

Reaction score
cool thanks for the info. i'm just waiting till i have enough for some H techs and i'm ready to go.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Wildman said:
I didn't use a spring compressor, just had a friend hold it and we aimed it at a tire as we were unscrewing the top mount lol

can you say...GHETTO :D :D
At least it worked though

silencer

Reaction score
i remember using one of those manual compressor without an air gun...hmm..i think i spent more time compressing the springs than actually installing those coilovers

Back