Car shakes a lot while driving and breaking

phi1542

Reaction score
I got new wheels so they were balanced, I flattended my front rotors and changed the breaks. When I drive i feel my car shaking a lot and my steering wheel too. Its kind of scary and i dont know what the issue is.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Front end aint right.

Is the wheel hub centric?

Also, swap wheels f & r, letuce know if it still shakes.

Look around while wheels are off.

phi1542

Reaction score
Front end aint right.

Is the wheel hub centric?

Also, swap wheels f & r, letuce know if it still shakes.

Look around while wheels are off.

I forgot to mention idk if what i said made sense but my car has always been like this. I also had the hub changed too. didnt do anything. I did those thinking it would help but it didn't. I'm lowering my car tomorrow so I'll try it tomorrow see if it helps.

Flattended your rotors?

yeah i dont know the correct term for it... uhh because when i break it shook my car a lot because the rotors were warped. I had a shop grind it down so its flat again.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Warped rotors need to be turned to properly even out the disc surface. Hope that's what they did.

Is the bore on the new wheels is the same as OEM? You may need hubcentric rings.

What did you do on the brakes, just pad replacement?

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
Warped rotors need to be turned to properly even out the disc surface. Hope that's what they did.

Is the bore on the new wheels is the same as OEM? You may need hubcentric rings.

What did you do on the brakes, just pad replacement?

yeah turned the rotors! thats the word haha and im not sure.... the bore on my wheels now are 73.1. whats oem bore size?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
If the car shakes "pulsates", while you pull brake, it's most likely your brake rotors are warped, and they need to be "resurfaced". Or, uneven wearing on your pads.

If your wheel bearing hubs are bad, you would rather hear noizes, especially when you drive fast (on a freeway.) (Kindda like humming noise, instead of pulsation.) There are sometimes you get those noises by getting cheap tires.

phi1542

Reaction score
If the car shakes "pulsates", while you pull brake, it's most likely your brake rotors are warped, and they need to be "resurfaced". Or, uneven wearing on your pads.

If your wheel bearing hubs are bad, you would rather hear noizes, especially when you drive fast (on a freeway.) (Kindda like humming noise, instead of pulsation.) There are sometimes you get those noises by getting cheap tires.

I resurfaced and put new honda OEM brakes on already which helped with that part but when I drive the steering wheel shakes at high speed. Its mostly on the free way. Is there something wrong with my steering?

Back