Tranny swap in so cal

boorishid

Reaction score
Ok so im pretty sure i have found a prelude tranny i want and i plan on getting all the partstogather with a lightened flywheel and maybe a better bisi clutch or something.

Anyways as ive mentioned before ive swapped engines and trannys on cars before but ive always swapped them for what there suppose to to be like when the engine or tranny craps i have thrown the a new one of same type in.

My car car is a daily driver and cant have a lot of down ime and reading hrough all the post i dont feel i have alot of confidence in myself to have this swap completed in a three or so days that i could afford to take off once all the parts are togather. Im also not sure about the whole ecu swap and immbolizer issues, or smog for that matter. Like if i use a 98 ecu on my ulev engine will i still be legal, or at least able to pass.

Next question is, can anyone reccomend a quality shop in socal for the labor? Id really like to just dump all the major parts there and have them worry about getting togather like he rear motor mount without the vacum lines and all the washers and bolts and that sort of stuff. Just dont want a hack shop doing something like this to my car. Really would love to do it myself just dont see it happening in the time fraim id need it done and i dont have a brunning backup car.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
i know a shop, i'm currently having them do my tranny swap, its located near South El Monte, and the guy doing the swap is Chieu, me and a couple of other members on here and v6p can vouch this guy is legit if you are serious i can give you the address

boorishid

Reaction score
so... anyone got the name chieu's shop? id like to give them a call get an estimate find out everything i need to bring to the table as far as parts or if theyll just gather them all up.

ccordex00

Reaction score
South Gate Auto is a good shoop too
Call and ask for George 562 755 9056
Tell him Dave sent ya!:kenny:

boorishid

Reaction score
Thanks @ ccordex00, there are some local shops around me, but im kinda looking for a place who has experince and knows all the little details of these swaps.

As far as labor being 90 80 and hour thats pretty obvious lol, but thanks. When i asked the question about labor i was curious as to the overall cost and how many hours go into this swap for a pro with a lift and all the right tools and know how. If i choose another shop thats a good way to tell if im getting ripped or there idiots or what. Like if it takes this chieu guy 8 labor hours and a shop near me says 16 then i know i should probably keep shopping becuase there either conning me or have little experince.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
i don't know how much he'll charge you because i think it might be different from what i'm doing and what your doing,

heres the address tho

10346 Rush St
South El Monte Ca 91733

and his cell is 626-202-6795

just tell him jack sent you good luck

Back