Timing belt replacement questions

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I am about to tackle this problem before I put the engine back in my car and I need some help clarifying things in the haynes manual before I jump into it. on page 2A-11 in step 11 The manual says: "Temporarily install one of the timing belt cover bolts through the hole in the left end of the timing belt adjuster arm." This is not referring to the allen wrench put in the back of the block for locking the rear balance shaft. There isn't a picture of this "adjuster arm" in the manual. Also in regards to the front balance shaft nothing is said about locking it in place so would it be safe to assume it has enough resistance/friction on it to not move or rotate? I do intend to mark the positions of all shafts before the belts are removed BTW. If I am successful I will turn this into a very detailed DIY for others to read. THX

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I just watched that video, but I am trying to do it by the book so to speak. There were a couple of things mentioned in the book he didn't do, or maybe didn't tape. Thanks for the link though.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
that car lights up like a christmas tree lol seems to me he got a few more things to do. How come he didnt do the water pump .

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I know there are mechanics on this site that have done this before. Needs some info on the arm thing.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
C'mon somebody here has to know what I am talking about.... I'm gonna be doing this soon.

Drift

Reaction score
The Haynes manual is garbage.

This is straight from the Honda factory website for Honda Techs. Its the same as the Helms manual, online.

Step1.jpg

Step2.jpg

Step3.jpg

Step4.jpg

Step5.jpg

Step6.jpg

Step7.jpg

Step8.jpg

Step9.jpg

Step10.jpg

Step11.jpg

Step12.jpg