HELP! taillights wont turn on with headlights

BBMF00accord

Reaction score
so i get in my car last night to drive home from my friends house..i noticed when i turned on my headlights behind me was dark..also looked at the dash and it didnt light up either..so i stepped on the brakes and saw my brake lights light up so i thought i was just going crazy. then when i get home i see my sister in my driveway and she told me my taillights were off...yet my headlights were on..

i suspect a blown fuse somewhere..anyone have any idea whats going on here or what fuses i should be looking for thatd cause this?

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
Umm check ur fuse box on the driver side by ur door if not there then the fuse box under ur hood but im pretty sure its ur driver side fuse box. pull the fuse out n check to see if it looks cracked inside

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you have the owners manual, there's diagrams that tell you which fuse is what. I'm pretty sure it's the fuse as this happened to me once when I accidentally crossed wires. If I remember right the fuse I changed was on the passenger side of the dash...

BBMF00accord

Reaction score
problem solved...it was the fuse for the rear LP light...i believe it was the first 15 amp fuse on the left side of the passenger side fuse box

BBMF00accord

Reaction score
so i fixed the fuse..and it was fine last night..got home fine...

.cracked another wheel today and left my car in my work parking lot til i had time to go home and get another wheel..changed the tire and turned on my headlights about a half hour ago...blew the fuse again twice..any ideas?

nsjames

Reaction score
You've got a dead short somewhere in the circuit. The dash lights are ran from the parking lamp circuit, so they fail when your running lights don't work and you know. It's probably not in the dash circuit, as it's usually fused after te parking lamp circuit and before the dash.

I start at the tail light housing in the trunk and follow the wiring harness from there. If all the wires to the lamps look good start investigating the harness that goes from the fuse box to the headlamp switch and in the column.

Back