m3 LED mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenchild626

Reaction score
i bought some generation 2 m3 LED mirrors and I need to know how to hook up the wires. I know how to get the door panel off but the m3 mirrors have a black, blue, and white wire. i just need to know where they hook up too. thanks

heathan

Reaction score
do they have both the blue and yellow lights? my guess would be that black would be ground, blue would be for the blue leds(possibly hooked into the turn signals) and the white should be the yellow(parking lights). Thats kinda how my aftermarket mirrors were set up

heathan

Reaction score
well the setup should still be about the same I'm guessing. Test it out. Hook it to ground(black) and then touch the white to power. If you get something then its the parking light. If you try the blue wire for example and it doesn't do anything then its a good possibility that it's the turn signal because it'll need power from the parking lights as well to work. That's just my opinion.

heathan

Reaction score
it depends i suppose. do you want the mirrors to come on only when you've got your turn signal on or do you want them on with the lights and still able to blink when turning?

heathan

Reaction score
If you want them on with the lights and still able to blink then I would find out which wire is for the signals and which is for the parking lights. Then just splice into your power wires for the parking lights and turn signals and hook up the wires ACCORDingly. heh...

heathan

Reaction score
well then if you only want the signal, you could just leave the parking light wire unhooked. I would say that you probably have to hook up the white wire to the turn signal power wire. Then just ground it out. I unhooked the blue wire on mine(blue LED - parking lights) and only have the turn signal wire hooked up and they work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back