Oil LEak

Status
Not open for further replies.

retro

Reaction score
i drive a 99 accord f23A1. just took the accord on a 1,600 mile round trip down to florida. I parked in the garage last night and noticed that i have an oil leak on the passenger side and it seems to only be in one place. After work im going home to jack it up and check out the situation. anyone else have this problem or know what i need to be looking for. thanks for any advice peoples.

Icemul

Reaction score
retro said:
i noticed that i have an oil leak on the passenger side and it seems to only be in one place.

Only thing on that side that has oil is the Trans. Was it just a few drops or alot? That sucks either way, let us know what you see tonight.

retro

Reaction score
just a few drops. in the same exact place as i said. seems to be oil and not tranny fluid. just had that changed and the oil on the ground was NOT red. what side is my filter on up under the engine. i was thinking mybe thats were it could be coming from just changed the oil and hoping they might have used a filter the doesnt fit all the way or left an old gasket wasnt removed???

Icemul

Reaction score
Oil filter is directly in the middle, its on the back side of the engine, its above the downpipe. Course if its only a few drops, the oil could have run down a bar or cable or tube and dripped in a different spot then where it came from. Just look around to see what you can find. There is a bunch of places for oil to leak, so its really hard to guess.

retro

Reaction score
she going up in the air at 5:eek:o pm... ill get back to you on this... thanks man.
check for an update tommarrow. :cool:

retro

Reaction score
i have no idea why i typed pass side this morning. i ment driver side . got it up in the air this afternoon. it is the oil drain plug. i thought twice before taking it into a quick lube, but i needed synthetic before i went on vacation and didnt have time to do it myself. so, how can i fix this problem.
and what causes this. i hope some dumbass didnt use an impact wrench when he put the bolt back in ...

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I doubt he used an impact gun
I mean, what morons uses an impact gun for the oil drail plug.
Take it bakc to them and explain the situation

retro

Reaction score
im not going back to there. I always change my **** but i had no time... should have made time. thanks though :mad:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
retro said:
im not going back to there. I always change my **** but i had no time... should have made time. thanks though :mad:

The only reason why I suggest going back is because if there's expensive damage and you try to resolve it, they're no longer liable.

retro

Reaction score
thanks blacknight i checked it out last night and its just missing the drain bolt gasket.

im going to get on at lunch its time to change the oil again anyway.

also going to look at changing the fuel filter. do you know were that located or is there a DIY on that ???

again thanks for the advice,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back