Water Temp gauge install

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
So i saw Sketch's install DIY, and I understand everything, but except where the new sensor goes... I'm having trouble locating it, so please let me know if you have any idea... a picture would be great. I read that this mod causes the factory temp gauge not to work. Is this true? That's fine with me, but what is an appropriate running temperature to look for once it's in.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
factory gauge works,but reads-cold,warm,hot.
I broke my autometer one off into the block,so im using an radiator adapter hose;SO my dash reads little less than half and my autometer gauge reads 180-210(some is engine heat)

heres where it would go,beore i snapped it off,and tryed JB weldng the head back onto ease it out sealing it shut..ha doh
broken3.jpg

broken1.jpg

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
factory gauge works,but reads-cold,warm,hot.
I broke my autometer one off into the block,so im using an radiator adapter hose;SO my dash reads little less than half and my autometer gauge reads 180-210(some is engine heat)

heres where it would go,beore i snapped it off,and tryed JB weldng the head back onto ease it out sealing it shut..ha doh
broken3.jpg

broken1.jpg

OK... so is it in the same place on the J30a..I only say that because we have different motors, because I see your distributor cap there.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
a water temp gage seems like a waste of money since the stock gauges already have a temp sensor no? u coulda got something better

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
a water temp gage seems like a waste of money since the stock gauges already have a temp sensor no? u coulda got something better

don't see any bikes on that roof of yours, so I suppose a roof rack falls into the same category huh?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
don't see any bikes on that roof of yours, so I suppose a roof rack falls into the same category huh?

yea ur right, you wont ever see a bike on top of my roof either because i dont ride bikes... i snowboard

mycar1.jpg

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ Point is... grab a damn Haynes manual. What else do you want to hear? What exactly is your questions at hand now? As far as us showing you pics, you may have better luck on V6P, since there are more J-series guys on there, or just PM a member who you know has done work on their J-series on this site. Waiting in this thread may take way longer if you choose not to do the things mentioned above.

Last edited:
Back