Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Nice upgrade man! Your car is ROTM worthy hahaha
+1, more than worthy. Deserving.
Thank you gentlemen. But really??

It's not like my car is slammed, hella flush, demon cambered, engine/MT swapped, nor turbo/SC, so I don't think I can win ROTM, but I truly appreciate your compliments. :)

Hand-washed the car. Wanted to take some photos w/ the better camera than my phone, but all of my fav spots were occupied, so I couldn't be at a decent spot for the shoot.. :(

Instead, found out the reason why the left muffler is hanging lower than the other one; It's the metal bracket (custom-welded going through the oem hanger) being longer than the other side.

LEFT muffler bracket:
IMAG51451_zpsphusifoa.jpg

RIGHT muffler bracket:
IMAG51461_zpsli30kvtz.jpg

LEFT muffler ground clearance: 6.25 inch.
IMAG51481_zps6brna0wd.jpg

RIGHT muffler ground clearance: 7 inch.
IMAG51491_zpsu1fika1u.jpg

0.75 inch (~2cm) is quite intolerable for me, so I'm gonna let the shop know about it. :omghi2u:

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

Thank you gentlemen. But really??

It's not like my car is slammed, hella flush, demon cambered, engine/MT swapped, nor turbo/SC, so I don't think I can win ROTM, but I truly appreciate your compliments. :)

Hand-washed the car. Wanted to take some photos w/ the better camera than my phone, but all of my fav spots were occupied, so I couldn't be at a decent spot for the shoot.. :(

Instead, found out the reason why the left muffler is hanging lower than the other one; It's the metal bracket (custom-welded going through the oem hanger) being longer than the other side.

LEFT muffler bracket:
IMAG51451_zpsphusifoa.jpg

RIGHT muffler bracket:
IMAG51461_zpsli30kvtz.jpg

LEFT muffler ground clearance: 6.25 inch.
IMAG51481_zps6brna0wd.jpg

RIGHT muffler ground clearance: 7 inch.
IMAG51491_zpsu1fika1u.jpg

0.75 inch (~2cm) is quite intolerable for me, so I'm gonna let the shop know about it. :omghi2u:

its not slammed and stuff but its clean af and its really like an OEM+ haha Everything is done clean, even the BBS wheels look similar to the OEM wheels you had lol good job man!

james'99

Reaction score

its not slammed and stuff but its clean af and its really like an OEM+ haha Everything is done clean, even the BBS wheels look similar to the OEM wheels you had lol good job man!

+1 yet again. Haha!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

With how wildly popular the whole stance fad is, unfortunately sometimes that's all some voters look at when ROTM rolls around and a lot of cars that are deserving of a win don't get enough recognition. There's so much more to a car than fitment, and Richard's car is a perfect example. This coupe displays a level of attention to detail and quality at levels I've seen with few other 6GA's. I'd love to see this car adorn our front page.

My opinion. :)

james'99

Reaction score

With how wildly popular the whole stance fad is, unfortunately sometimes that's all some voters look at when ROTM rolls around and a lot of cars that are deserving of a win don't get enough recognition. There's so much more to a car than fitment, and Richard's car is a perfect example. This coupe displays a level of attention to detail and quality at levels I've seen with few other 6GA's. I'd love to see this car adorn our front page.

My opinion. :)

From the big man himself! Haha! 100% agree!

Jordan_H

Reaction score

I like the stance scene (obviously) but Richard's car is 100x better than mine. The only person that would say differently is a 15 year old. Every mod on his car is done right the first time so he doesn't have to do it again. He's the measure twice cut once kind of guy while the stance guys are a guess and check (most of the time).

JV6

Reaction score

:rock::rock::rock:

Quiet as heaven. Lol I mean, no change whatsoever from the stock exhausts. I just like to keep my car as quiet as possible, and stay away from cops. :burnout:

Here's the straight-on shot. Sry, for the poor pic quality tho..
IMAG5141___zpsj7yspnmn.jpg

You bet. More proper photos will be coming out soon. ;)

Thanks. The mufflers seem to be pretty much the same size w/ the 6gen's; That was good. I just stopped by at the local Honda dealer, and took a few pics of the 9GA underneath, b/c I wanted to see the structural difference, in general, with my own eyes and show it to the shop. While I was taking this pic, two gals working at the front desk were laughing at me crawling underneath the car lol.
IMAG49051_zpstu68ivdn.jpg

The structure was pretty similar, except the Y-pipe was located a lot lower than 6GA, so I went to the shop to talk about it. They said that they had to physically take a look at the new mufflers+Y-pipe, so I just bought it and brought it into the shop. My original plan was to have the shop make a custom Y-pipe for the 9GA mufflers, so I kinda knew it could be done.

As far as the pipe diameter goes, they are different but more like in terms of its shape. 6GA stock piping is oval, and 9GA's is circular. When they made the detachable slide fitting, where the 9GA Y-pipe meets my stock piping, they had to press the 9GA's Y-pipe inlet to an oval shape along with the slide fitting.

Thanks! It was def worth waiting for 8 years to upgrade my exhausts. :)

Well, I went to the shop today to see if they could realign the mufflers evenly. They did adjust it, but the left side is still hanging lower (the Y-pipe) so I will have to revisit them. Had only 15 min time frame 'till heading out to work, so I couldn't ask them to correct it again.. But it's getting there tho.

That back end looks really good with the 9thgen mufflers man!

Varnell

Reaction score

IMAG5141___zpsj7yspnmn.jpg

I thought I was happy with the mufflers that came with my '99. I'll definitely be keeping this in mind as a possible upgrade. Looks beastly. I'd just be scared to scraped them down the highway. lol

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score

Looking good! Next time bring it by my garage. I can TIG weld anything you need over here ;)

Back