Wiring up the lights inside the car.

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
I had a question that came to my mind, but what I am trying to ask is if it is possible to run the dome light up to the map lights, or the overhead lights and run them to turn on when the door opens? I feel as if my car lacks a little bit of interior lighting. I know I can do led's but im broke. So led's aren't the answer. Although, they will be in the near future :burnout: :thumbup:

FilmFiles

Reaction score
Yes its possible. i was planning to do it to mine but i haven't had time. you just attach the positives from your dome light to the vacant terminal on the button that turns them on your map lights. so when u open the door the it will power the map lights

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
Actually guys, I did the project this Saturday, I snipped the negative wire from the connector to the lights and ran it to the black with white striping, its a ground but now I have lights! I lost the garage opener, but I never used it, and it works when a door opens too, its quite a difference, and I can't wait to get led's!!:)

agginline86

Reaction score
Actually guys, I did the project this Saturday, I snipped the negative wire from the connector to the lights and ran it to the black with white striping, its a ground but now I have lights! I lost the garage opener, but I never used it, and it works when a door opens too, its quite a difference, and I can't wait to get led's!!:)

i like the idea! Nice work :)

twofast4u

Reaction score
Can someone please post pics of what needs to be done? I've been really wanting to do this, but more of a visual guy lol

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Wouldn't the open door signal be ground side switched? What about running a ground from the door trigger wire to the grounds on the maps on the load side of the buttons/switches. I would think this would keep full functionality of all dome/map/garage with the addition of the map lights working with the doors?

Thoughts? I have not seen the wiring or connectors but I am trying to figure the best way to do it before I start tearing out parts and tapping wires.

Lets see if this makes sense, bear with me... I cant post pics yet bec I have to wait 7 days.

Connect the wires at the asterisk *

Dome circuit: Batt +++++ Dome/switch ----*---------Door (ground)

Map circuit: Batt +++++++++++++++Map--*--button/switch------ground

This is stupid, haha. I apologize, I'm trying to be visual. I'm not even sure you can tap in before the map switch anyway :eh:

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
I would post some pictures of the dome light, but as of right now, My cars at the shop getting an estimate for a paint job! The company I bought the car off of never waxed it, and honda's paint didn't help either. I paid 1500 for an EXV6. Only had 160k, and so far all I have had to do to it was put headlights, taillights and a timing belt kit with the waterpump on it. She's been a good daily. Wanna get her painted as cheap as possible, but still look good. But whenever I can pick it back up, Ill take a picture of it and post it on here. I tapped into the ground wire at the pillar on the passenger side and ran a wire up to the ground wire of the connector on the map light assembly. It adds a whole lot more brightness to the interior that I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Next step is LED's, foglights, and rims!

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
I would post some pictures of the dome light, but as of right now, My cars at the shop getting an estimate for a paint job! The company I bought the car off of never waxed it, and honda's paint didn't help either. I paid 1500 for an EXV6. Only had 160k, and so far all I have had to do to it was put headlights, taillights and a timing belt kit with the waterpump on it. She's been a good daily. Wanna get her painted as cheap as possible, but still look good. But whenever I can pick it back up, Ill take a picture of it and post it on here. I tapped into the ground wire at the pillar on the passenger side and ran a wire up to the ground wire of the connector on the map light assembly. It adds a whole lot more brightness to the interior that I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Next step is LED's, foglights, and rims!

Hey, Congrats on new paint!

If it works by tapping into ground and running it to the ground at the maps then that should be all the info I need. Do the buttons still work like factory with the addition of door light?

Also, do they always come on with the door open, as in no option of them staying off like the dome light switch allows?

Thanks.

twofast4u

Reaction score

Wow. I feel like i understand this, but at the same time I have no idea what you are saying lol

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Just put in the Map, Dome, Courtesy, trunk, license plate LEDs. Chrystal white 6000k. Now I just need to wire up the map lights to come on with the doors.

Lltcv5p.jpg

Comparison
KT3A77J.jpg

iuJLaUJ.jpg

REHMfoV.jpg

Door Courtesy lights
49GZ0Uk.jpg

wLW6oXM.jpg

Last edited:
Back