RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^oh that's right I forgot it was Kaminari, sorry.

Actually it does look like the hood latch is there. Just can't tell about the hinges and struts, might try to contact Duraflex or whoever to find out more.

ed2_101958_03.jpg

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Thank you for the link, Sir. :waytogo:

That reverse LED is crazy!! lol

Absolutely ZERO excuse for people to say they didn't know you were backing up!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Couple more pics, haven't adjusted it yet. These were taken about 10pm in a well lit parking lot.

50dba98f-5bb3-4b2e-bbcf-e245c5e4b278.jpg

Holy lens flare batman

bf162651-6e1f-423d-b2d0-d1794b91e4ba.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Installed some new sidemarkers. Been trying to find a 3" COB strip to put in there but only finding 2+3/8" so far.

WP_20160627_19_45_36_Pro.jpg

Anyway they are actually for 94-97 Accords but those, the 94-02 Prelude, and the 6GA coupe all use the same sidemarker.

So they're 5GA/Prelude non-LED markers? I remember you saying something about this and have been on the lookout and may have found something. It's actually on it's way right now. I'll let you know if it works or not.

And holy reverse light! Lol. I wondered what route you were gonna go with that. I need something brighter but Im keeping my center bar so I just need a brighter bulb. Might swing for those expensive VLEDs you had. ;)

Also, I wonder if this could be found in red (or colored somehow) and used as a 3rd brake light. Ive been on the lookout and this has potential to work.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So they're 5GA/Prelude non-LED markers? I remember you saying something about this and have been on the lookout and may have found something. It's actually on it's way right now. I'll let you know if it works or not.
The Ebay listing just had them as fitting 94-97 Accords, but I knew from poking around they fit all 3 cars. But yea non-LED, made by DEPO.

Hmm you have me curious, what did you find?

And holy reverse light! Lol. I wondered what route you were gonna go with that. I need something brighter but Im keeping my center bar so I just need a brighter bulb. Might swing for those expensive VLEDs you had. ;)

Yeah I finally decided to stop fiddling around and just get something I knew would give me the visibility I wanted. I took the VLED reverse bulbs out of the center tail and they are old like 1st or 2nd gen VLED bulbs, much lower end than what they sell now. Gonna hold onto em though, maybe they'll fit the Venza lol. Though I think that thing uses CANbus or whatever maybe, I don't know I've been too afraid to buy LED bulbs for it.

Also, I wonder if this could be found in red (or colored somehow) and used as a 3rd brake light. Ive been on the lookout and this has potential to work.

You could put some red Lamin-X over the lens, doesn't get hot at all. I could probably have given you something left over from the scrap I had from doing the clear center tail. If you want I can measure out what you'd need. It would be one bright *** 3rd brakelight though haha. I'm going to smoke mine a little, don't think losing a few lumens will hurt. :lawl:

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
The side marker thing is a secret. You'll have to wait and see. :p

As for the third brake light, I've found these options...

Docooler Universal F1 Style 12 LED Rear Tail Brake Stop Light Third Red Strobe safety Fog DRL Lamp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009SI2SQ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_D2AHxbAG4DBJA

uxcell® Car New Red 48 LED Rear Third Brake Light Stop Tail Lamp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HU5SKK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-4AHxbQFBBMXD

uxcell® Red 80 LED Car Third Rear Tail Brake Light High Mount Stop Lamp 12V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CEA9090/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_55AHxb8KE6QS6

The last two are pretty much the same just different lengths. That first looks more...traditional? While the other two are sleeker and lower profile. I haven't found a wingless DEP trunk yet so I'm not too terribly worried about it at the moment.

Back