RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the quality of those given the price, I usually shy away from lighting that doesn't list any specs for the LED's. But some cheap stuff from China is actually well made so it can go either way.

I bought some cheap surface emit bumper lights for the Venza from Aliexpress, they were half the price of the ones on Ebay but I took a risk and they worked great when I hooked them up to power. So :shrug:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
^oh that's right I forgot it was Kaminari, sorry.

Actually it does look like the hood latch is there. Just can't tell about the hinges and struts, might try to contact Duraflex or whoever to find out more.

ed2_101958_03.jpg

You see how the wood is bolted on mine came the same way those are the hinge mounts so I bet it has the strut mounts too looks similar to mine.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Tail light is on. Got a few air bubbles I'm going to give some time to come out on their own, if not I'll poke them with a razor. Think I'm getting the itch to put the trunk lip spoiler back on.

d68fa384-c648-4301-998a-8c29c33f8727.jpg

Always liked this look on the Carrera 4S.

2004-porsche-911-carrera--2_1280x0w.jpg

You see how the wood is bolted on mine came the same way those are the hinge mounts so I bet it has the strut mounts too looks similar to mine.

Ahh I could not tell that was wood from the pictures. I thought it was moldy cardboard or something haha. Hmm...maybe you are right and this one is similar to yours build-wise. So what did you have to do to get yours to fit? Did the hardware bolt up and everything? Was it hard to align? any trimming or anything with the fiberglass?

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Fitment was as good as oem, I just basically threw it on and was quite surprised how it sat. The only thing I had to do was dremel out the windshield spray nozzles. I love your rear tails.. You use like a clear red vinyl??

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Nice, kinda want to buy the hood now, I'll have to ask my paint guy how much he'd charge to paint a fiberglass hood. I think the part with the vent is raised, so no part of that hood would be lower than what the OEM hood is. At least that's how it looks to me.

Thanks, I used red tint film from Lamin-X.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I agree it don't look like it dips down at all. I really like that hood cuz it's not raised up, the vent kinda flows right into the hood. Mine was not really what I wanted but price was right and it was local. How hard was that laminx to install I would love to do my rears like that.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I still dig yours though, and you likely got it cheaper than what I can find this one for. Cheapest I've seen is $234 shipped. Paint could be another $250 or so.

The film isn't that hard, I'm no expert and my corner tails and center tail turned out well. It's also very forgiving, long as you have enough water on it you can keep peeling it back if you don't like the way it's going on. The more surface changes there are the harder it is, still doable but you may have to reapply a few times before you're happy with it. All red tails would look good on your car.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Trunk lip is back, got tired of the naked look.

5bb16e9e-6a7a-4e67-9131-2891468f4526.jpg

ad1f0369-d6a9-49f7-9822-3ec4800e26b9.jpg

Also got more done on the wiring for the mirrors.

Mikey

Reaction score
Parts came in for the rear side markers. I don't think they're gonna work. Not without taking the actual light assembly apart. And even then, the lights I got are EXTREMELY bright. Too bright for a light of that position, lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^So since they're not gonna work, wanna tell me what you were going for? Or are you taking that one to the grave with you. :lawl:

Back