sway bars for my i4?

Dessa0793

Reaction score
I've been doing alot of research and I seem to only find the answers for the v6. I want add a tl rsb to my i4 sedan and wanted to know what was needed if the manual rsb is a better option and also if swapping out the fsb is needed, since from what I've read the i4 has a smaller fsb then the v6. If anyone can help I'm new to the forum and I can't seem to find a direct answer to what I need.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
front needs bushings and prolly links.

rear, does that even have a place to put the link?

Dessa0793

Reaction score
I found a diy for the rear sway bars for the i4. It does have the rear links I belive only the dx didn't come with them. But as far as the front goes I've read that the front is fine being stock but that's for the v6 models. Is it the same size stock fsb for the i4?

Dessa0793

Reaction score
front needs bushings and prolly links.

rear, does that even have a place to put the link?

From what I've read the front doesn't need to be replaced on the v6 but the rear is where it really needs to be done is it the same for the i4?

What I mean by that is are the sway bars the same size between the two different trims?

The-Big-O

Reaction score
I bought and installed the Progress
04-08 Acura TL Rear anti-roll bar. Part #: 62.0110 with moog end links on my I4 & fits great, no issues.

You can compare prices at:

andysautosport dot com

Or

progressauto dot com

Part #: 62.0110

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next I'll be upgrading the front to the H&R Adjustable Sport Sway Bar - Part#: 70104
For the 2004-2008 Acura TL 6CYL

hrsprings dot com

Or

andysautosport dot com

If you do go this route don't get*07-08 *H&R* Acura TL Type-S 6 cyl Sway Bar Front Part#: 70104-2, The holes are too big

Part#: 70104

Car: I4 Accord Coupe

Last edited:

Dessa0793

Reaction score
I bought and installed the Progress
04-08 Acura TL Rear anti-roll bar. Part #: 62.0110 with moog end links on my I4 & fits great, no issues.

You can compare prices at:

andysautosport dot com

Or

progressauto dot com

Part #: 62.0110

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next I'll be upgrading the front to the H&R Adjustable Sport Sway Bar - Part#: 70104
For the 2004-2008 Acura TL 6CYL

hrsprings dot com

Or

andysautosport dot com

If you do go this route don't get*07-08 *H&R* Acura TL Type-S 6 cyl Sway Bar Front Part#: 70104-2, The holes are too big

Part#: 70104

Car: I4 Accord Coupe

Awesome thanks for the info. Do you feel a big difference with the bigger sway bar?

Reaction score
I found a diy for the rear sway bars for the i4. It does have the rear links I belive only the dx didn't come with them. But as far as the front goes I've read that the front is fine being stock but that's for the v6 models. Is it the same size stock fsb for the i4?

My DX has the rear sway bar brackets, just to avoid any confusion.

I wouldn't want to put a big front bar on a FWD.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Hi Dessa,

I have a 99 lx sedan 2.3 i4.

RSB
I bought eibach's 23mm because I was scared to make the leap to the progress 24mm as I read that the exhaust hanger would need to be bent to fit it and I was new to the modifying scene and was afraid of that. Although, I also read that the progress would fit without it. I just didn't want to risk it.
The eibach is great, night and day difference with handling, stability, and reduction of understeer. But, at some point, curiosity will take over and I'll need to see if there's a measurable difference between the two and I'll get the progress. (Unfortunately, I have yet to see anyone on here or anywhere else write a review of going from eibach to progress)

FSB
From what I've read, most people do not thicken the front bar as it will induce more understeer at the limit, even if it's just .5mm larger than stock. The front sway bar for my car is 26.5mm not sure if you have the same trim but you could look it up online and find your stock sizes. If anything, people recommend just replacing the end links, especially if your car has over 150k miles. And this just allows the sway bar to function properly again. For endlinks, definitely get Moog. I bought an oreily's off brand and it didn't hold my rsb in place- it squeaked when I took corners. I bought moog and it solved the problem completely. Lesson learned.

Alright, having said all this. I would say start with a rsb and new end links. And if I were you, I would go progress, just because a good amount of members have had good luck with it, some having to bend the hanger some not. Sounds worth it as I look back at my own decision. But, you will not go wrong with Eibach either, that's the beauty of it! Go with whichever you feel more comfortable with. Then, or at the same time, upgrade the front sway bar end links. That will give you a good idea how your car will handle with a realiable stock front sway setup and an increased, and of course realiable, rear. It's also important to note your spring/shock/coilover setup will influence your handling with these sways so be aware! Remember, suspension is a system of different parts working together and they're all related!

Hope this helps!

-Avery

Reaction score
Hi Dessa,

I have a 99 lx sedan 2.3 i4.

RSB
I bought eibach's 23mm because I was scared to make the leap to the progress 24mm as I read that the exhaust hanger would need to be bent to fit it and I was new to the modifying scene and was afraid of that. Although, I also read that the progress would fit without it. I just didn't want to risk it.
The eibach is great, night and day difference with handling, stability, and reduction of understeer. But, at some point, curiosity will take over and I'll need to see if there's a measurable difference between the two and I'll get the progress. (Unfortunately, I have yet to see anyone on here or anywhere else write a review of going from eibach to progress)

-Avery

To oversimplify a bit, the progress bar is going to be about 15% stiffer than the 23mm eibach. Maybe a bit more or less depending on which hole you use on the progress bar. This is probably not an increase in roll stiffness you are going to notice compared to the huge jump to either from a stock bar, especially on the street. If I were you I wouldn't let curiosity get the best of you, as most of the improvement will just be mental :)

Back