THE Security System & Remote Start Review Thread

Khurrum

Reaction score
Brand & Product name: Nustart NUAS-8000 Alarm/Starter
Price & Place: $220 (got it at cost), $499 regular from Best Buy
Pros: Easy to install, its basically the Compustar brain and antenna, excellent range, dual stage shock sensors, 2 remotes (1-way and 2-way)
Cons: Price if u have to pay full, remotes are expensive to replace and chunky compared to Viper remotes.
Final Verdict: As an installer i always recommend Compustar, Nustart products, they have a good harness, reliable/good quality units, have these installed in 4 of my vehicles and they always work flawlessly.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: Compustar Pro Series security system w/ remote start
Price paid and from where: $800.00 installed at the Compustar-authorized dealer/installer
Pros:
・1 mile communication range
・Reception indicator on the remote
・No need to push a button to check the status of the vehicle
・Super bright LED theft demotivation (more like a mini strobe)
・Auto door lock, when RPM reaches a set range
・Drone Mobile compatible
Cons:
・Vehicle paging device (a feature** that pages your remote when someone taps at the device) is no longer included, and it's sold seperately.
・LCD display back light on the remote can't be turned off
・Takes a little while for the engine to start from the 2nd ignition stage. (About 5 sec. slower than my old model.)
Final verdict: I would recommend this to anyone, especially people who live in cold places. Being able to monitor your car at your fingertips is always nice. I was able to utilize a feature** from my old Compustar, and that was +1.

Brand & Product Name: IDATALINK BLADE-AL Door Lock Bypass
Price paid and from where: Sry, Idr..
Pros: Small enough to fit anywhere
Cons: None
Final verdict: A must-have-module with my security system for a 6gen with a factory alarm. Otherwise the factory alarm will be going off, when remote-starting the car from time to time.

Last edited:

ChargerFan17

Reaction score
Brand and Product name: KARR Shock Sensor
Price paid and from where: Came with the car when I bought it but selling online new for about $10.
Pros: When the car is hit or moved beyond what the sensor is set at, the alarm will go off. Helped me catch many kids that use to hit my car with soccer balls. The unit has a blinking light that is visuible from the cabin to ward off potential thiefs.
Cons: Will sometimes go off when the trunk if slammed too hard.
Final verdict: A very useful and inexpensive part that will help you in the fight against soccer balls! :Jedi:

Back