Brake lights not working & sensor PP-T20

ik649

Reaction score
Just discovered my brake lights stopped working, all of them. Replaced the brake light switch after about 10 min of fiddling with the thing lights worked once & that was it.

I've checked the wiring everything appears ok. Noticed wiring goes from drives side tail lights to a small black boxes marked "Honda PP-T20". Last piece of info all lights work when I turn headlights switch to the on position just no brake lights when I depress pedal.

Any advice or explanation on that black boxes would be appreciated.

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
Are u sure u really checked all the fuses? i've had my brake light not work before and i couldnt shift out of park. My other lights worked like you said even when i turned on my headlights,just not when i depress the brake. it was caused by a fuse under the hood,its labeled STOP and i think its a 15 or 20a fuse.

ik649

Reaction score
Bada$$VTec, checked all the fuses about 5 times, especially the stop one, they are good. There isn't a thing wrong with them. According to Honda it was a small control box under the driver taillight. Bought the piece, replaced it and nothing still.

meximan16

Reaction score
u check the fuses ont the sides of the dash? do your interior lights work, or your parking lights?

ik649

Reaction score
All fuse boxes have been checked, interior lights work (except for the bulb on the odometer which I am assuming has blown), parking lights work, just no brake lights when stepping on the brake.

ik649

Reaction score
Ok so here's an update on this problem, sorry it took so long has been some very busy days. My dad & his mechanic determined there was a loss of power some where between the brake switch & the tail light relay. They discovered the loss of power was happening at the drivers underdash fuse/relay box. They cut the wire into the box and out of the box, spliced them and now i have tail lights again. Down side is that now when the car is off if I step on the brakes they light up & #2 my cruise control doesn't work because we are bypassing the feed into the cruise control unit so the system thinks the brake is engaged at all times now.

So now that is my next task, to get that back up and running.

Back