moon roof help!

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
So yesterday i noticed my moon roof wouldnt open :(
I can crack it open and close it, but it doesnt want to slide back.
I checked the fuse and it was fine. So im guessin its the motor?
How can i get to the bottom of this? Your help is greatly appreciated!!

vietkid_2006

Reaction score
I'm not so sure on 6th gen's but check on the headliner towards the rear there should be a hole covered with a plastic piece. Pop that off and you should have an EX moonroof tool to be able to turn the roof by hand, if that works then it's probably your motor if it doesn't then something is probably jamming it.

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
okay so i popped off that round plastic, found the sunroof wrench and started turnin it. It was goin good then got real hard to turn. Bein me, i just forced it lol then when i did that, a lil plastic thing shot out. I guess that lil plastic thing was blocking the track, so thas why my moonroof wasnt openin in the first place. Glad its working just as new again :)

thanks for the help!!

Mikey

Reaction score
For those who dont have that tool, an allen wrench works as well. But be prepared to be rough on that ***** cuz it is NOT easy to crank. OP sounds like a sissy and forced it open :p

OP, as for that plastic piece. I hope that wasnt anything vital. I guess time will tell. Id keep an eye out for leaks or drains in the wrong places.

EDIT: nevermind, you're in AZ, lol. Id still watch out when monsoon season rolls around...

Back