EMPI vs CARDONE vs OEM axles

rafalc

Reaction score
99 accord, both outer boots are cracked and grease all over. I am leaning towards replacing the entire axle assemblies...it is a '99 with 140k miles so might as well.

CARDONE SELECT (non-rebuilt, all new made in China) - $45
EMPI ~ $45
OEM - ~ $400

Any experiences with EMPI? CARDONE SELECT?

Is EMPI a step up from the CARDONES?

Thanks

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Autozone.

~$60
lifetime warranty
Great for people who slam their cars and drive on ****ty roads. I've gone through 4 axels already :)

rafalc

Reaction score
Autozone.

~$60
lifetime warranty
Great for people who slam their cars and drive on ****ty roads. I've gone through 4 axels already :)

lifetime warranty is cool but I rather not have to use it... Ive been researching this and a lot of places say to use Honda replacements as the driveshaft is nothing to be careless about. I would like something that will last me a while without any issues rather than keep taking advantage of a lifetime warranty.

Maybe Ill just get the CV boot kit and replace the boot alone OR the joint as well.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Bad decision imo. But you do you :D

For me, the warranty is a must because I drive slammed in LA.

rafalc

Reaction score
Bad decision imo. But you do you :D

For me, the warranty is a must because I drive slammed in LA.

I didnt mean the warranty isnt important... I mean, I rather have a solid axle and the warranty but hope that I wouldnt have to use the warranty. Warranty is important, I agree.

You said you had to replace them 4 times already....how long did they last each time?

Thanks

rafalc

Reaction score
how does one tell if your axle is fukced up?
:duckhunt:

vibration? noise?

none of which are present in this car but I figured ...140k miles, why not... now Im leaning towards just getting a boot kit. read too much bad stuff about the $60 axles and dont really wana spend $400 each side

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
I am running a set from Raxles.com $129 each side, about $30 to ship. You ship the old axles back to avoid a $70(x2?) core charge. You can ship them back in the boxes for the Raxles and he provides a return label. All you gotta do is drop em off at UPS.

I have almost 3 years on them, around 15,000 miles (i don't drive much). I'm dropped on springs/schocks @ 2 inches.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Bad axles click, and when it gets REALLY bad, the whole car vibrates if you accelerate too hard, or there's too much load .. Let's put it this way, I was scared to go above 50 mph .. And even then, that was scary lol.

And I've only gone through those axles cuz the freeways I drive on SUCK. there are random dips, ramps, potholes, etc. I'm in the search of a new uca for that reason too. IMO, auto zone is fine if you're not slammed, and your streets are nice. My subframe scrapes the ground every once in a while, and my uca im assuming is banging on something ..so yeah ..

Back