Rear diffuser options?

Brad2274

Reaction score
Mentioned this a few times in some threads a while back but there's no thread to discuss it, and now im at a point where i could add something like this. Hopefully adding a thin lip underneath my ww front lip in the coming weeks, so i figure the huge gap in the back needs attention.

i'm going for a more aggressive body style, going lower and wider, my kit is already pretty busy i know. Here's pics for reference

Here's the photo that started the talk, 2sk diffuser on oem/b-2 bumper, obviously not a perfect fit, i'm assuming its photoshopped as the tow loop is in the wrong place.

since its probably photoshop, the scale could be off, ill need to find one to measure for sure, because i think it could go in between the sides of my wings west rear
*EDIT* we were in fact duped! found the original browsing a diffuser thread, same plate and lower bumper ahahahah

another pic of the diffuser

this ctr had thread and it said he has a shine automotive diffuser, believe it's made for s2k as i didnt see one for a ctr on the site, and i think he shortened the sides a bit making it not so wide, so there's more hope for the s2k spoon style being small enough!(it's probably my favorite)

Next is a dc5 (rsx) rear diffuser, t.blackaccord put one on his sedan on here, i might not make it overlap the lip though,may put the middle portion behind the lip and up an inch. (he may have done that later)

looks like the easiest option so far and safest bet

Fd2 civic is another possible option, looks pretty similar to dc5

And lastly, 11-14 sti, cheapest option so far, 200$(all others like $250-350)

ill have to measure an sti to check sizes, i have some mufflers waiting to be installed and id totally rock quad tips if i got this...

Thoughts?other options?

In the end i may pursue doing a homemade aluminum one instead but id like to explore all options, ill take some more pics of my rear end this week for photoshopping (may try doing some myself oh boy)

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Rsx looks pretty cool but doesn't look right on the sedan. Now on the couple it would look good, I think. S2k is super aggressive but if it was me I'd go for the rsx rear.

Brad2274

Reaction score
yeah i do like the rsx, not too crazy, im thinking homemade but i have no idea where to start, i was thinking of like 1/8th aluminum and modeling after the s2k but less aggressive.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
What about a diffuser from an 02-07 impreza? I remember others using an sti lip so maybe the diffuser would work with a little modification

Brad2274

Reaction score
I know you have a coupe, but figured you mind find this thread interesting:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49046&highlight=camry+lip
Seent it! love that lip, don't plan on changing my rear lip but i would totally consider that lip if i did.

What about a diffuser from an 02-07 impreza? I remember others using an sti lip so maybe the diffuser would work with a little modification
most of the ones ive seen kinda just have the basic fins, like the universal metal diffuser all over ebay, that would probably work fine. i think i just want something with more to it.
And i'm actually buying an 07 STI lip this week or so, guess it's not as much of a secret/unknown lip option as i thought :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The answer to all your problems...

$_57.JPG

$_35.JPG

$_12.JPG

Varnell

Reaction score
^I'm sensing a little jealousy. lol

Brad, just make sure whatever you do has the proper time and money put into it. Your car looks great right now. Try not to flirt with the above idea.

Last edited:
Back