Help!

xlino

Reaction score
I was driving and out of nowere my car started making this noise.
HTML:
http://youtu.be/FcS5XGLBhd0?list=UUTztNdRT52mJBfZUfjw2xVQ
My check engine light is flashing and had the ac in my car on and it started to smell like gas. Has anyone had this problem? I will be going tomorrow to auto parts store to put the scanner to see what codes it gives me.

briansan

Reaction score
When was your last oil change? Sounds like a lack of lubrication

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xlino

Reaction score
I have royal purple on it i havent even drove it for more than 3000 miles. But it does burn oil fast. I put a quart and still same thing. Will that cause the check engine light to turn on and off constantly?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
My check engine light is flashing and had the ac in my car on and it started to smell like gas. Has anyone had this problem? I will be going tomorrow to auto parts store to put the scanner to see what codes it gives me.

Flashing MIL= misfire

Figure out which cylinder.

xlino

Reaction score
Hey Sorry for late respond. Was super busy during holiday delivery...anyways!

I would chage the title to the post but I do not know how to change the title. I can only edit a post.

I put in the scanner and I got the following codes:
P0141: O2 sensor. I been having light on for a while because the cable ripped. I do not know how.
P0302: Cylinder Misfire 2 detected
P1399: read that this turns on when you have a misfire. So if I fix the misfire it will remove this code of the ecu

So what can the problem be? I am going to change the spark plugs, and wires tomorrow to see if that fixes the problem. But if it doesn't what can the problem be. I read somewhere that it is a good idea to check the compression on each cylinder as well. Lets say one of the cylinders compression is low; how would you fix that?
I been car-less for 1 week already and it sucks!
Thank YOu:shakehead:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
fix cable (wire) fix is easy.

start with checkup, oil levels, condition, etc... 15min

You have one cyl not running, figure out why is may not go.

suck-squish-bang-blow, it doesn't bang, does it squish? What? Got fire (spark) to start? 15min

Tell us why, we tell you what.

xlino

Reaction score
fix cable (wire) fix is easy.

start with checkup, oil levels, condition, etc... 15min

You have one cyl not running, figure out why is may not go.

suck-squish-bang-blow, it doesn't bang, does it squish? What? Got fire (spark) to start? 15min

Tell us why, we tell you what.

The o2 wire is like the universal ones were you have a male and female port. But I plugged them back in and ligh5 is still on. I ttied a couple diffetent ways and still same thing.

So I decided to change the spark plugs. Cylinder 2 looked normal. Spark plug was fine. Looked like the other spark plugs. Then I had cylinder 4 that had oil on it! I didnt have no code for cylinder 4.

when a vehicle burns oil where does it go? I checked my oil when it was cold and it showed none. So I put 1 quart. Then 2 quarts. And stopped there

xci.ed6

Reaction score
exhaust is where burned oil goes

you have no code for #4 though

Idling, pull wires one at a time, which one shows that it don't work

got a 'crack' noise while pulled?

xlino

Reaction score
Hey! So i have to start this one again. I am having a misfire again! CEL light flashing. Last time I just changed the spark plugs and it stopped for about 3k miles.
it started again today so i tried changing the spark plugs again and it continues doing it. while changing the sprak plugs i noticed that cylinder 3 and 4 had oil in them. would that cause a misfire? What should i do?

Back