THE Security System & Remote Start Review Thread

vtecboi24

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: CompuStar ProStar 2-way Pager with LCD screen
Price paid and from where: $450.00 installed Auto Images in NH
Pros: Extended Range, Panic, Trunk, Remote Start, Keyless Entry, Alarm
Cons: The LCD remote goes through batteries.
Final verdict: Love the system, works great. Exactly what I wanted when I got it!

Accord4U2NV

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: Clifford Matrix 2way pager
Price paid and from where: Free Came out of a 2006 Evolution I pulled it out after it got traded in at a dealership
Pros: Extended Range, Panic, Trunk, Remote Start, Keyless Entry, Alarm, 7 Channels For Fun Stuff
Cons: The LCD remote goes through batteries. installation on the side because its manual $600 with no liability from shop
Final verdict: Great No Complaints (manuals don't leave in gear still will start)

xx24xx

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: Clifford Matrix 50.7X with several add-ons for convenience and security purposes.
Price paid and from where: $900 @ Certified Sounds (best Maui has to offer)
Pros: Top of the line for beginning of 2009. Remote is built cheap but it's still really nice with large LCD. 7 optional colors to match interior lights. Excellent battery life w/ mini USB charger. 1 mile range. The pro list is pretty long. Check out their website. New HD color pager remote coming soon for $280 OUCH!
Cons: Price, but you get what you pay for. I need a remote to protect my audio system, rims, etc. I plan on adding a few more things too. It wouldn't make sense to cheap out on the security when I have audio equipment worth more than the car.
Final verdict: Highly recommended for sure. Price for the core system without add ons, including installation, is $700. $50 for the chip to make remote start work, $150 for the trunk release regulator. The options are endless.

cliffy.jpg

ActNow

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: Compustar Pro Series 2 Way Spread Spectrum Alarm/Starter Combo
Price paid and from where: $849.99*Install, Parts, Labor, and Tax Stereo EFX
Pros: Up too 1 mile range, confirmation chirps and vibrations from remote of recieved signals, love the remote came with a cover to prevent scratching and a belt clip, and list keeps going....
Cons: Sure its pricey but worth it especially if you plan on keeping your ride for many years to come.
Final verdict: I have plans on upgrading the system with extra features such as backup battery, tilt, glass, and motion sensors. I've been spying this brand for a long time and I'm extremely happy with the results. I would recomend it for anyone.

2ekhsmg.jpg

Last edited:

that1redacc0rd

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name:CompuStar 2W900FM(AS)
Price paid and from where: $179 on Ebay from Car-Tek (good guy, easy transaction, reasonable prices) and $225 installation at California Tint, Rosemead CA
Pros:Decent range (3000ft), engine start, panic, trunk, and some other pretty basic stuff
Cons: a little confusing to use at first, but well worth it
Final verdict:love it. fun to play with, alarm is loud, makes little chirps when you push a button and it also lets you know on the pager, well worth it.

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: Python 872
Price paid and from where: 275 installed with remote start. California tint. (im sure you can get it cheaper)
Pros: Life time warranty on labor and product (minus control if you drop it that's your fault) and Life time replacement batteries!!!!!! MEga long range! very slick and nice! 2 way receiver.
Cons: not free :(
Final verdict: BUY it!

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: Prestige/Audiovox APS787A
Price paid and from where: $150 shipped, $100 installed
Pros: Good Range, Panic, Trunk, Remote Start, Keyless Entry, Alarm, tons of features and security
Cons: not 2-way
Final verdict: Worth every penny

dadams

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: CompuStar P2W9000FM-AS
Price paid and from where: $250 from a dealer in Massachusetts (group buy normally much more expensive)
Pros: everything, 3000ft range, built in turbo timer, up to 11 outputs, battery back up, rps sensor, glass break sensor, tilt sensor, timed starts, and a bunch of other sensors, can control the sensitivity
Cons: none
Final verdict: epic alarm and the sensors work very well. and got it for a great price

BoyBlue

Reaction score
Brand: Viper 5710
Price: $200 including shipping from Sonicselecronicxs.com
Pros: Lots of outputs. Nice price
Cons: Remote
Final Verdict: This is a great system. There is 6 outputs that can be used for almost anything from operating your windows to just poping the trunk. Another thing that
s cool about the system is that everything is all one unit (brain, shock sensor, remote start). The only bad thing about the system is the 2 way pager remote sucks. The buttons are too sensitve. With the remote in your pocket on a short walk you might disarm your car, start it, pop the trunk and roll down your windows (if the thife is lucky it will all happen at the same time). The other problem with the remote is that after 3 months of owning the alarm the parts that holds the battery back on broke off. I haven't even droped the remote or slamed it on any thing. The biggest con about the 2 way remote is that it will stop working. My 2 way remote is already on it's way out. There is times that it will not send a signal to the system even if I'm standing next to the car. The cheepest I have been able to find a compadable 2 way remote is for $70. I just started using the 1 way remote that came with it (it works better). I really don't belive that DEI would put out such a good product with such a crappy part. I would only recoment this alarm to some one who would like a $70 quarterly bill.

rick_dang1987

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: Viper 5901
Price paid and from where:$160 brand new from the guy (Craigslist) It has never been used, all in the original box and packaging. $150 install
Pros:2 ways LCD alarm n remote start, perfect range...:thumbsup:
Cons: None so far
Final verdict: work and looking good, pretty good price for great alarm.:driving:

Back