Front 6.5" Speaker installation (doors)

clevengercm

Reaction score
speaker mounting depth

Whats too deep?? Anybody have any expiriences with this..Just wondering, I am shopping for new fronts now

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
clevengercm said:
Whats too deep?? Anybody have any expiriences with this..Just wondering, I am shopping for new fronts now
pretty much anything over 2.2" raw driver depth, or about 2" standard mount depth. no matter what, you might have to do some trimming.

clevengercm

Reaction score
thanks bro, I got the infinity referenes shallow mount now(about 1 3/4 depth) wit no prob..I want to upgrade to the coponents....

gimpgutter

Reaction score
I wsa about to get the infinity Kappa Components, but were unsure if i can fit them in.

clevengercm: which infinitys were you going to get and let us know how they fit in. I came this close | | to buying an old pair of infinity 60CS, but i dont know if they will fit. 2.2" is rather shallow and most components i found were about 2.5"

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
clevengercm said:
yup, youll be in the same boat im in. theyre close to fitting, but will require cutting, not to mention finding a spot for the crossover. how much do you value the inside of your door panels?:rolleyes: but seriously, with a stock place for a tweeter, why would you sacrifice sound cause you have to do a little work? thats how the import scene got started--a bunch of people makiong their own parts or making existing parts fit cause thats what they wanted. BUT, these polks are too big in my opinion. you need to make an extra half inch of space for em. you also have to make them clear the window, and make the door panel fit back on. if you want to mess with it, go for it. or just buy kick panels.

there is some good news, though. for almost the same price, you can get these: http://cgi.ebay.com/MB-Quart-DUA-21...ryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
these WILL fit in our cars without hacking your doors to sh!t.

clevengercm

Reaction score
there is some good news, though. for almost the same price, you can get these: http://cgi.ebay.com/MB-Quart-DUA-21...ryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
these WILL fit in our cars without hacking your doors to sh!t.[/QUOTE]

Those MB's are sweet.. Yea, dont feel like hacking my doors..I did that with my old MX-6..all I can say is...I feel sorry for the next guy who bought my car if he ever needed to take off the door panels..He would be in for a SUPRISE!!! :D :eek:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
clevengercm said:
He would be in for a SUPRISE!!! :D :eek:
got any pics:confused: haha! i really wanna see what happened now. anyway, im recommending these mb's cause theyll fit and they still sound awesome. i was looking for these before thanksgiving, but my favorite seller didnt have them, and i dont think anyone had em yet cause they were brand new. oh well, i think i can fit my rce's in. ill let you all know before long.

clevengercm

Reaction score
naw bro, dont have any pics..One thing I can say is, those speakers were never comin out! I love my old MX-6! That car was fast!

Back