PSPEC Install

pattywak

Reaction score
I was attempting to install a PSPEC kit on my Accord, and when I went to take the 4 bolts out that are holding the shifter box down I was turning the ratchet and I heard a loud pop. Now the install guide that everyone uses on PSPECtuning's website didn't mention anything about taking the nut off the bolt from the bottom of the car or anything. I'm guessing I broke the bolt or stripped the nut or something bad of that nature. Luckily enough I put everything back together and was able to drive the car up to my parents for Thanksgiving break. The only thing is the shifter box is loose and moves around when I shift.

My question is this: do I access the nut from under the car? HECz was helping me with the install and he said that a member here by the name of lil charlie had the same thing happen to him, and that he thinks I have to drop the exhaust to access the nut.

When it happened I was really pissed because from what I have read everyone on the site had a real easy time with the install and the instructions on the PSPEC site were really simple. Damn the rust on this car...it will be the last car from the northeast that I buy ever. :coffee:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, that nut, that the bolt threads into, is welded on. its above the heat shield on the exhaust. tho, you might be able to get to it without taking the exhaust off, youll just have to take the heat shield off. idk where the shifter is located exactly above the exhaust, but you should be able to work around it. its either you broke that nut loose, or you snapped the bolt.

oh yeah...wheres the diy? :lawl:

pattywak

Reaction score
There would have been a DIY if I was able to finish the install. :ryan:

Oh, the nut is welded on? So that means I won't be able to take it off?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the nut should be welded on. if it wasnt, you wouldnt be able to just take out the bolts by unscrewing them from the bolt head, haha.

and if that loud pop you heard was the nut breaking the welds loose, then no, its not welded on....anymore, haha.

did the bolt come out after you heard the pop?

Last edited:

pattywak

Reaction score
Ohh, true that. Sorry I'm not thinking right now, my brain is frazzled by the whole ordeal.

So I'm guessing what happened was I broke the bolt or stripped the nut?

pattywak

Reaction score
No, the bolt wouldn't come out. So it must have broken the welds loose.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's right above the midpipe section, just past the catalytic converter. Have fun pulling that heatshield off.

Back