Varnell's '99 J37 Stroker 6MT Coupe EX-L

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: Varnell's '99 J32 6MT Coupe EX-L

Derek, can you shed some light on this rear brake upgrade with the Pilots? I've heard about this before, but never anything with evidence of it being done. Just wondering about it.

Just saw your post here, sorry. Chris replied to it, I saw. Yeah, I had inquired about an OEM caliper upgrade option, but because of how our ebrake is, there doesn't seem to be an option.

i have the RL BBk and Pilot BBk stopping power is alot better. i spent around 200 with fastbrakes brackets and autozone rotors

Yes contact them

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

So, fastbrakes sells the brackets for BOTH the Front/Rear?

Varnell

Reaction score

This might just be me in a few weeks. The longer the engine is out, the more I feel the urge to make this build legendary. Move over NSX. Just got all the valve specs for the J35a8 and J32a2 from Acura. It'd be nice to get the block back sometime this year.

Untitled.jpg

Varnell

Reaction score

I've had my XXR 527's for almost three years now. They've served me faithfully, but I grew tired of them many months ago. I've been on the hunt for a new set of wheels and my requirements were that they needed to be aggressive, yet classic. What better wheel than the Advan AVS Model 5 for my budget NSX? I just paid for them today and shipping from Japan will take 6-8 weeks. An optimist might say the engine should be done by then, too. Just need to decide what color I want to paint them. I'm leaning towards Hypersilver. I know I'll need the Pilot rear BBK to help fill these monsters.

12515994_597169197098270_225310914_n.jpg

At 18x10 +19 (of course I would want the hardest to find specs for already hard to find wheels, not to mention most have been split into pairs), these are pretty aggressive for our chassis. I'm limited to -2° front and -3° rear camber for FWD track specs and I don't like the look of stretched tires on these particular wheels.

IMG_0201.jpg

So it looks like custom welded fenders are in my future! I wouldn't mind an NSX red paint job either, but I feel like I'd have to ask permission from the Red Ryder. lol

414196_456775474371787_395181352_o.jpg

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

Man, those wheels look so good on that NSX lol.... I can't wait to see this when it's all done! This is gonna be legendary. Sounds like you will be pushing some good numbers. Our coupes already have the NSX inspired tail lights so the NSX might have to step down for your car :p

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Pardie

Reaction score
No way! I was gonna do this :( now everybody will think I'm a copy cat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan_H

Reaction score
If you did a subtle flair like that of the nsx, it would fit the wheels and achieve the look you're going for. I'm certain that you and I both cannot wait for it to come together.

Varnell

Reaction score
:lewx4::lewx4::lewx4::lewx4:
Not a big fan of the body-colored B-pillar, but... the wheels make me care less..

Can't wait to see you rocking with the kick-ass new shoes!

Its just a photoshop I found while scouring the internet for these elusive wheels. I couldn't resist posting it. lol I'm prefer the B pillars black, too, but the car is perfect, regardless.

Just narrowly missed posting it last month 3:16. lol

No way! I was gonna do this :( now everybody will think I'm a copy cat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't change what you're doing. Clean Accords are always welcome. Chances are my engine won't be done for a few more years, so by then I'll be the copycat.:party52:

If you did a subtle flair like that of the nsx, it would fit the wheels and achieve the look you're going for. I'm certain that you and I both cannot wait for it to come together.

These wheels are more aggressive than my current setup and I plan on running less camber. I've been looking for E30 Fenders to cut and weld on to my Accord ones. They look nice and fit 18" wheels pretty well. Fenders from newer BMWs look better with 19's and 20's. My first instinct was to look for 240sx fenders, but they didn't come with much of a flare stock and I want to avoid Rocket Bunny-esque plastic rivet on flares.

rennstall_bmw_e30_weds_bavaria_lowered_slammed.jpg

Last edited:

Pardie

Reaction score
Its just a photoshop I found while scouring the internet for these elusive wheels. I couldn't resist posting it. lol I'm prefer the B pillars black, too, but the car is perfect, regardless.

Just narrowly missed posting it last month 3:16. lol

Don't change what you're doing. Clean Accords are always welcome. Chances are my engine won't be done for a few more years, so by then I'll be the copycat.:party52:

These wheels are more aggressive than my current setup and I plan on running less camber. I've been looking for E30 Fenders to cut and weld on to my Accord ones. They look nice and fit 18" wheels pretty well. Fenders from newer BMWs look better with 19's and 20's. My first instinct was to look for 240sx fenders, but they didn't come with much of a flare stock and I want to avoid Rocket Bunny-esque plastic rivet on flares.

rennstall_bmw_e30_weds_bavaria_lowered_slammed.jpg

How much cutting will you have to do with the E30 fenders?

Back