DIY Evap Canister Change - P1457

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
what your buddy thinks is a problem, isn't, and is alos in no way related to the cel you have. i also feel like that slight kick you feel is probably just in your head. i had this cel for two years and my car never ran different or did anything weird. i've read it could be because of a bad gas cap, or because of what this thread is for. i did the repair that this thread is for and it fixed it for me.
Not trying to argue, but I've had 2 other people drive the car, asked them if anything was strange, and they confirmed that there is a kick. I'll take it in to a local shop and see if they can diagnose the issue.

The kick started after I cleaned out my EGR ports so I'm assuming there's a leak somewhere or something's up with the throttle body.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
oh alright, well then if there's a kick, there's a kick haha. definitely shouldn't be related to the evap canister thing though, so maybe you're right about the work you did affecting it. hopefully you get everything sorted though, i bet that's a little bit annoying haha.

whitetiger1062

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I was looking at this thread I need to replace my Evap Canister and i can see that there is no pictures or diagram on here any more could it be possible if you could repost pictures and diagram ? It would help me a great deal thank you.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I was looking at this thread I need to replace my Evap Canister and i can see that there is no pictures or diagram on here any more could it be possible if you could repost pictures and diagram ? It would help me a great deal thank you.

Yup, noticed this thread is now worthless since the pics are gone. I was wanting to see where that 1 bolt was so I do do this job on my own car since I have a PO1457 code and a PO420 code (cat low threshold).
Photobucket really did a number on a lot of threads.

Back