DIY: Plasti-Dipping Side Window Chrome Trimmings

james'99

Reaction score
Can't wait to do this mod! Have to figure out how to replace the driver side drip molding. I think my car was maybe broken into at one time.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Alright, so am I haha! As long as you leave good enough margins when you mask them, it will be easy to complete the job. Have fun, when the time comes!

Varnell

Reaction score
Looks great and glad to see it holding up. If I had any color other than NHBP I'd do this. I really like the look of blacked out window trims and grills on non-black 6th gens.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Looks great and glad to see it holding up. If I had any color other than NHBP I'd do this. I really like the look of blacked out window trims and grills on non-black 6th gens.
Thanks. Yea, I'm surprised that it's still good to this date. I personally think dipping the trims on a black 6gen (i.e. BlackDeathV6BG's) looks good, but to each his own. ;)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Updated OP with additional DIY on Dipping Front Upper Grille Center Bar ('01-'02 Model), mainly showing how the coating process looks like.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Updated the OP by fixing up all of my broken pics. Took forever to finish.. :coffee:

Back