depo euro tail lights

chino581991

Reaction score
Been looking around to do something with my tail lights and found these

http ://www.ebay.com/itm/Depo-Pair-Euro-Style-Red-Clear-Altezza-Outer-Tail-Lights-98-02-Honda-Accord-2DR-/330998952829?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1113337d

(copy and paste link without the space)

They're the euro tail lights for the coupe. Was curious if other have also gone with DEPO tail lights and how are the quality? Also these are to replace the stock tail lights we have correct, not to switch over to an LED conversion?

I was also curious about doing LED bulbs for the lights in the rear. From searching i picked up that we need resistors so the warning light doesn't go on? I had my stop failure sensor removed so that light will never go on. Does that mean I can use LED bulbs without doing any other mods?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Actually these are the EDM tails:

IMAG0254-3.jpg

Mikey's car

A few people have the red/clears and don’t seem to have any complaints, other than that the bottom portion doesn’t line up with the center tail light on the trunk.

You can use filament or LED bulbs in OEM tails or the red/clears. Sounds you won't have to worry about the brakelamp warning light. But if you use LED bulbs for the turn signals, you'll have hyperflash unless you replace the flasher unit.

Last edited:

chino581991

Reaction score
Actually these are the EDM tails:

IMAG0254-3.jpg

Mikey's car

A few people have the red/clears and don’t seem to have any complaints, other than that the bottom portion doesn’t line up with the center tail light on the trunk.

You can use filament or LED bulbs in OEM tails or the red/clears. Sounds you won't have to worry about the brakelamp warning light. But if you use LED bulbs for the turn signals, you'll have hyperflash unless you replace the flasher unit.

Ohh thought the EDM tails were red/clear. I don't really see a difference between these and our cars.

I assume that of I did decide to go with LED bulbs I could find a DIY on how to change the flasher unit?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Look again. The upper portion is actually a deep amber, whereas USDM tails are all red.

Replacing the flaher is just a matter of pulling out the old and inserting the new. If you search a little more there are many discussions on replacing it. Or you can just flip on your turn signal and find it by listening/feeling for the clicking. It is up under the dash in the driver side footwell.

Back