THE Exhaust Review Thread

juicebox00

Reaction score
Brand & model: HKS Super Drager (axle back)
Price paid and from where: $375 picked up from 2Kracing
Pros: Looks good, low groumble, almost the same as the comptech axle-back for much less, and its HKS..lol
Cons: A little too quite but i don't have full cat-back piping yet. At first the too mufflers weren't hanging evenly but i swapped around the little rubber pieces and now it's even.
Final verdict: It's a great exhaust that looks and sound nice. It's a little quiet but if you don't want to attract cops as much it's great. Basically has the clean low deep growl that you want. Not raspy at all in any way which is what i love compared to almost all the other exhaust made for our cars
juice1.jpg

juice2.jpg

Last edited:

champaned_out

Reaction score
Brand & model: Hayame Gen II Full SS Catback
Price: $200 Shipped from Ebay
Pros: the price, aggressive exhaust tone, optional silencer included, fitment was perfect
Cons: can be somewhat loud even with the silencer

Comments: With the silencer it can be daily driven without too much of a problem, although there is a little bit of exhaust drone on freeway driving.. but if you listen to music it should drown it right out.... take the silencer off for when you want to do a little spirited driving and its perfect, gives it a really nice aggressive tone all the way through WOT... low end RPMs sound great as well, really nice low rumble

IMG_0081.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

jaxaccord

Reaction score
Brand & Model: Hayame Gen 2 full stainless catback exhaust
Price: 300 shipped from ebay, got this about 2 years ago and can't find them on ebay as much...
Pros: Excellent growl at low idle, deep tone throughout, not raspy at all (no angry bees in coffee can^_^) perfect fitment, expect gains mid-high
Cons: Can be a bit drony on the highway, hangs a bit low and can scrape steep driveways...silencer sucks don't even bother with it

Comments: this is the same brand I have had on all my Hondas, first with my civic, then with my crx, and now the accord. Excellent sound, great fitment, and a true JDM product and they are a bit rare, not something you see on every ride. This has been on the car for two years and i've had no issues with cracking, the welds are strong too.

Last edited:

mista jc

Reaction score
Model: Apexi World Sport 1 catback
Paid: $150 used
Pros: Great growl sound when you start the car, stainless steel, nice shine and quiet
Cons: Canister hangs a bit low cause it was on a v6 installed on my i4, custom welding
Final Verdict : Great exhaust for modified look, gains on top end and engine breathing.

PetrineX

Reaction score
Brand & model: Magnaflow Performance Exhaust Kit
Price paid and from where: $450 from SummitRacing.com
Pros: Ridiculously more open than stock. Doesn't hang down too far, and the tip is relatively small. Very deep sound in the low RPMs. No droning at highway speeds.
Cons: Had to cut about 2 inches out of the bumper so it wouldn't melt. It gets raspy after it's been installed for awhile. If you are accelerating in the wrong gear it sounds really raspy.
Final verdict: I would recommend it for anyone looking for a quiet and low profile catback.

Brand & model: DC Sports 4-2-1 Ceramic Headers
Price paid and from where: $340 from SummitRacing.com
Pros: Much lighter than stock. Noticeable gains in the middle RPMs. C.A.R.B legal. Sounds great until about 4.5K then it dies away.
Cons: Started to rust after about a year. Hard to get the downpipe aligned with the cat and the top piece of the headers.
Final verdict: I would reccommend saving up and getting the stainless steel version because they don't rust.

US3D98

Reaction score
Brand & model: OBX SP Style Universal Exhaust Muffler
Price paid and from where:$66 off of EBAY
Pros: sounds good in idle and not to loud and soudns great when in high RPM
Cons: not that i know of
Final verdict: it floats my boat lol lets jus say it sounds good even with no resonator
MV1018%202.jpg

f23accord

Reaction score
brand:magnaflow catback
paid:$450.00
pros:deep sound, good quality, nice oval tip, mid-high rpm gains,(glad i got it)
cons:none
final verdict: good buy if u want a deep sounding exhaust

tunedaccord

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tsudo Ni Style catback
Price paid and from where: think it was like 200 from ebay
Pros: not much come with a removable silincer and loud (no Cat) above 2k rpm
Cons: comes with 2 resenators so makes it to quite for me. which i took the cat out
Final verdict: good exhaust for the price

truWarier02

Reaction score
Brand & model: Magnaflow Muffler #14832
Price paid and from where: $103 free same day shipping from completeexhaust.com
Pros: Straight through design.. Low, deep rumble.. No drone on the highway or at constant speeds.
Cons: Tip looks a little big on our cars but not that big of a deal.
Final verdict: I loved this muffler. I sorta regret trading it for a flowmaster..

I just had the muffler welded to the single oem piping.

Taospec

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tsudo SP2 Style universal muffler (axle-back)

Price paid and from where: approx. $220 for (2), Islandmotorsport + $60 for installation and to make into Custom axle-back @ SuperTuning

Pros: Deep and bassy sound; not loud; looks like GReddy SP2s; Aggressive looks; great quality imo

Cons: bolt-on axle-back not available

Final verdict: Freakin' LOVE these universal muffs:omgbd:

Last edited:
Back