BlkCurrantkord's '11 WRX

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if i had 130 to the wheels i'd either sell it or get a new engine because it would surely be broken :lawl: 35% drivetrain loss seems like a bit much, imo. people seem to be in the 160s to the wheels all stock. not that that's much of a difference, or much at all haha, but when you're a bottom feeder you'll take what you can get :lawl: we won't talk about tq though :hide:

but yeah, you definitely have out powered those brakes haha. i'd even like to upgrade mine mildly, so i wouldn't even want to think about them with your power numbers :ugh:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if i had 130 to the wheels i'd either sell it or get a new engine because it would surely be broken :lawl: 35% drivetrain loss seems like a bit much, imo. people seem to be in the 160s to the wheels all stock. not that that's much of a difference, or much at all haha, but when you're a bottom feeder you'll take what you can get :lawl: we won't talk about tq though :hide:

but yeah, you definitely have out powered those brakes haha. i'd even like to upgrade mine mildly, so i wouldn't even want to think about them with your power numbers :ugh:

lol, it's not even the power, its the weight of this pig. Every other car (besides the BRZ's) at the track day had Brembo's (all STi's) so with my power near equal to theirs and the brakes of a car that weighs 500lbs less....yea

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
oh alright, i didn't think they were that heavy haha. i just looked it up, edmunds says 3208lbs. not too bad, but with a driver i could see it being a bit heavy. v6 8th gen accord coupes weigh about what your car weighs with a driver, so you've got that going for you :lawl:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, I ran out of brakes @ MidOhio coming into Turn 1 on the front straight. Could've been that they were overheated, could've been they weren't bedded properly. All I know is, I had a bit of a freak out moment when I pushed the pedal and didn't slow down doing 80mph into a turn I couldn't hold.

My brakes are the same size as yours Andy, with your whopping 130hp to my almost 300hp/300+tq. The g/f's forester needs brakes so I'm just donating mine to her and upgrading mine to some big stopping powa!

Fronts:
ATS-V calipers + adapters
Stop Tech SS Lines
Hawk pads
12.8" Centric Rotors (stock 2004 STi size)

Rears:
Subaru 2 pot calipers
10+ Legacy GT Centric Rotors
SS Lines
Hawk Pads

I think I'll have the calipers powdercoated purple to let them stand out from the white car and gunmetal wheels. I'm throwing in some sort of ducting/cooling once I figure out what/how I'm gonna do it.

Here they are

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Those look good.

I thought I read somewhere that the ATS/CTS calipers could be used on the 6GA/2G TL as well?

Anyone recall reading anything like that?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Updates as of today -

Started the process of getting a motor built-
Spare EJ255 block - bored to 99.75mm
Wiseco 8.9:1 pistons
Manley Turbo-Tuff rods
oem crank
King bearings

Should net me north of 400whp and equal amounts of torque with the turbo I have for it.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Back