What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Product review: Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner

Product Description borrowed from Autogeek:

Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner is a professional-grade wheel and tire cleaner that forgoes caustic acids and instead relies on smart chemistry. Designed to clean clear coated, factory painted and chrome wheels, Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner enables you to save time and maximize profits by relying on one wheel cleaner for most applications. Like the name implies, Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner removes dirt and grime from tires as well. Now that’s what we call a great value!

Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner is the product professional detailers have been asking for. Finally, wheels and tires of all different compositions can be safely cleaned without having to resort to multipe cleaners and stand-alone tire degreasers. Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner is the product that does it all!

Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner is safe and effective on:

Clear coated wheels
Factory painted wheels
Chrome wheels

DSC_1442 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Condition of wheel. 5 months of brake dust. Running ebc green.

DSC_1498 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_1501 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Upon spraying the whole wheel and tire, the dirt is already coming off without any agitation

DSC_1444 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Used a tire brush to agitate the tire

DSC_1504 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Cleaned up very nicely

DSC_1505 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Overall impressions:

Cheap product that takes care of both wheels and tires but don't let the price fool you. Imo, an excellent weekly or bi weekly product diluted 1:1 ratio. I have not gotten a chance to test it full strength yet on BMW or Mercedes wheels which are notorious for their brake dust. If you are looking for a wheel and tire cleaner this product will fit into your regime quite nicely.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
How to apply protection to your wheels from brake dust in 2 minutes

Product review: Carpro Hydro2

Product description borrowed from autogeek:

The secret to CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant lies in its advanced chemistry. Formulated using hydrophilic glass fibers, silicon polymers and advanced fluoropolymers, Hydro2 provides a remarkably glossy, slick finish that complements its superb paint protection. CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant can only be described as one of the most advanced surface care protection products available.

Spray on and rinse off – that’s how simple CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant is to apply. Read that sentence again – notice anything? There is no rubbing or buffing when you apply CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant. Simply wash your car like you normally would and while it’s still wet, spray Hydro2 over every surface including paint, wheels, chrome, convertible tops, and glass, and simply rinse it off. After you’ve thoroughly rinsed Hydro2 off the surface, dry the vehicle with a quality microfiber drying towel or car dryer, like the Metro Master Blaster, and your vehicle will be protected for up to 3 months.

Clean your wheel and tire beforehand.

DSC_1509 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Simply spray an even coverage all over the wheel and rinse it off right away with a regular garden hose or pressure washer

DSC_1510 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Beading presented. Protection applied.

DSC_1511 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_1515 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

End result. You have successfully protected your wheels from brake dust in literally minutes.

DSC_14981 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting in the hours to master the new dual action machine I purchased. The Griots Garage G21. This is some of the stuff people don't see and what separates average detailers to the good detailers. No matter what task you're trying to accomplish you have to put in the required hours to excel and improve.

DSC_16981 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a spare set of headlights lying around so I did a headlight restoration on it to grab a marketing picture for my website.

Process:

800 dry
1500 damp
3000 damp

DSC_20531 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Any tips on using a DA polisher? I just bought one a few months ago but haven't had a chance to use it much. I bought a few different Chemical Guy pads as well. Is it even needed to wax? Or really only necessary when polishing? I have always done everything by hand.

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any tips on using a DA polisher? I just bought one a few months ago but haven't had a chance to use it much. I bought a few different Chemical Guy pads as well. Is it even needed to wax? Or really only necessary when polishing? I have always done everything by hand.

Sup Eric. Glad to see you peep in here once in a while. You can wax your car everyday if you choose to but there's no additional benefit to doing that. Wax is a sacrificial barrier to protect your cars paint from contamination. Therefore, waxing your car is the smart approach to protecting your time invested in cleaning it up. Generally you wax your car after you finished washing it, claybarring it, and polishing it if necessary. Waxing is pretty much the last step. Here's a basic outline to simplify things. It should help clear some things up.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-charts-graphs/20193-flow-chart.html

^who's this guy :gtfo:

haha

lol John.... We got a stranger here.....

6thGens were on my mind I guess. Every few months I miss it

:lurking:

Nostalgic......

Awesome work with the headlights.

Definitely need to get the ones on the MDX done in the spring.

Thx Derrick! There are a couple legitimate ways to achieve this outcome but at the bare minimum it would require an electric drill.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can a detail spray add protection to your paint?

Product review: Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

Product description borrowed from autogeek:

SONAX Brilliant Shine Detailer gently removes light contamination and restores a just-waxed shine to all paint finishes. This thick formula provides a deep shine plus added paint protection and water repellency. Use SONAX Brilliant Shine Detailer any time to improve paint's luster and slickness. SONAX Brilliant Shine Detailer is the maintenance.

Below is my 2nd accord that I barely drive and I am only using it as an example. I would not recommend using this method on a extremely dirty vehicle. Starting condition:

DSC_1522 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_1538 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Spray product onto surface and use a microfiber towel to wipe

DSC_1543 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_1547 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Wiped off

DSC_1549 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Rinsed it with water on the other side where I did not use the product and there was no sign of any protection on the paint at all.
Applied product and we are good to go!

DSC_1562 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_1572 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_1578 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_1576 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Personal thoughts about product:

Ideally I would use this after every wash to boost the paint with some protection if you are feeling lazy to use a traditional wax. This product is very user friendly. It basically acts like a spray wax in a sense. If your car have light dust from a quick drive this product can be used for that situation as well without scratching the paint. At the moment this is my favorite quick detailer.

Back