Immediate Concern - Strange blinkers, fogs, and sidemarkers function...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Dude, just take it to the dealership if you can't figure it out.

Or you could just try replacing the multiplexor.

$90/hr at the dealership here! What the F.U.C.K.!!!!
Just called them.. he started talking about fuses and grounds, and tracing all the wires into each fuse box, and checking all the wires underneath AND inside the steering column. The second I asked him about the function of a multiplexor in a 1999 Accord, he got defensive and said he can't give me any information about what they do and how they do it, and can't help me diagnose my problem. I was like DUDE that's not what I'm asking.. I'm just asking about the function of the multiplexor in an Accord. He stood by what he said and the conversation was over.

W>T>F>!!! :explode: :explode:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
So I called the salvage yard and they have a multiplexer unit for $50. He said it plugs into the fuse box and has some wires attached to it. It's the box with white cover, just to the left of the fuse panel on the drive's side. How should I go about removing it? Does anyone have experience taking it out?

The guy said that if I buy it and its a bad unit, he can replace for a good multiplexer. But if my problem is misdiagnosed, and its not the multiplexer, he will not issue me a refund or choice of another part.

From my symptoms, in peoples' opinion, what % probability do you guys think is the cause in the multiplexer?

FYI: All the fuses, grounds, have been checked and everything is intact. Strange.

The salvage yard will be open tomorrow.. I need to decide what to do.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
multiplexor in mah opinion wasnt that hard to replace...its jus not enough room under there for u to work...but basically its plug and play....we replaced henry's a while back wen we switched cars......pretty basic

but in ur case....i would make sure its the multiplexor.....i dont kno what to tell u but to suggest even taking everything off and putting it back on...but iono...good luck man

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
how did you almost get arrested for having tail lights out?

I said putting details aside.. that's a different story: basically I had my license revoked, and my temp permit was 2 days expired, and I forgot to bring my new permit with me, which was at home, so he could have arrested me on the spot and taken me to jail.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
multiplexor in mah opinion wasnt that hard to replace...its jus not enough room under there for u to work...but basically its plug and play....we replaced henry's a while back wen we switched cars......pretty basic

but in ur case....i would make sure its the multiplexor.....i dont kno what to tell u but to suggest even taking everything off and putting it back on...but iono...good luck man

Hey Choi,
what do you mean taking everything off and putting it back on? What do you mean by everything?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I said putting details aside.. that's a different story: basically I had my license revoked, and my temp permit was 2 days expired, and I forgot to bring my new permit with me, which was at home, so he could have arrested me on the spot and taken me to jail.

ooohhh, ok, haha.

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
the mulitplexor is for your dash lights/cluster. i dont think it works with your exterior lights...

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
possible but i read somewhere that it functions with your dash/cluster lights. when mine was out, my exterior lights still worked. ill make a diy right now for you guys..

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
possible but i read somewhere that it functions with your dash/cluster lights. when mine was out, my exterior lights still worked. ill make a diy right now for you guys..

Hey man, have you written the DIY yet?

I looked at the wiring diagrams in a Haynes Manual for taillights, parking lights / blinkers / sidemarkers and interior gauge illumination. The one thing they all have in common is the driver's side multiplex unit. The brake lights still work, and according to the diagram there is a bypass relay for those, so it would make sense. While you are writing the DIY Henry, would you mind looking at those diagrams and telling me if I am thinking correctly or not?

The one link that my different systems of malfunction have in common it seems is the multiplex, according to the diagrams.

Let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back