Horrible Gas Mileage

Devil-V

Reaction score
Stop revving to 6K between shifts :p

Seriously, it _could_ be due to certain driving habits?

likeawp

Reaction score
Definitely do a tune-up if it has been a while........o2 sensor, filter, seafoam, etc..

Also how about an alignment assuming that you're lowered.....if your toe is off that will rape your mileage by a lot........if you are using heavy wheels mileage will decrease also........try to accelerate softly and consistently and cruise no faster than 70mph

I also used to get 300 a tank.....that's 15 gallons, 2 gallons left at E........but I crept my way back up to 400 haha.....4cyl ULEV automatic too :rock:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You guys need to do some tuneups or change your driving habits. I got always got around 400mi per tank on every time I filled up.

Subaru gets about 300+ per tank.

cajun

Reaction score
Wait, so the miles I'm getting is right?
holy crap the accord uses so much gas then!

No, not right unless you're stuck in traffic all day. I get 28-29 mpg with 50/50 city/hwy.

blkdout6

Reaction score
I have an 02 v6 with an aem cold air cleaned the tb and used chevron. With shell mid grade i can get about 300 to 360. at one point i got 15 mpg. One time i got 250 miles to half a tank. these accords are confusing. I'm gonna get even worse once i get my racing headers installed

swollen_cu

Reaction score
i get on average 22mpg and that is 85city/15hwy. i do have a tendency to have aheavy foot sometimes, so yeah .. haha :skurred:

finch13

Reaction score
Wow, everybody's mileage bloooooooows. Non-ULEV 5spd here and I easily get 450-500 miles to the tank with A LOT OF WOT! I usually even break 250 miles before the needle reaches halfway.

I'd look into a new O2 sensor first since the ULEV uses a wideband O2 which is a lot more accurate than a standard O2 sensor. Second, I'd replace throttle body, intake manifold and exhaust manifold gaskets just to make sure you're not sucking in extra air or leaking exhaust causing O2 sensor readings to be off.

None of you are posting mileage on the car, which is very important. And you V6 guys... the J35 engine we have easily gets 23-26 mpg. :kenny:

Back