Car appears to want to shut off when I brake...

BatMan

Reaction score
Ok guys I REALLY need your help; after the guy at work adjusted my RPMs I idle fine, when I come to a stop my RPM's do not drop anymore and I idle at the third white line, the one before the "1". BUT, whenever I shut off my car it shakes a bit more than usual. Is this normal?

BatMan

Reaction score
Have you checked the code?

Nope. It stopped coming up.

And my car just shut off on me after work, I was driving and noticed my car was "lagging", it didn't feel right, after a block or two it shut off, then turned right back on. Now it's not "lagging" anymore. wtf!!!

rvangj

Reaction score
Your torque converter has to unlock when you come to a stop just like a clutch. If it doesnt then yeah it stalls out the motor. It is a auto right?

Drift

Reaction score
The code will still be in the ecu. Run the code, report back.

rvangj

Reaction score
So is that the problem...?
yes, it is an auto.

Yes would be torque converter going out. But do a stall test: Hold the brake and then wide open throttle.for a few seconds. should stall around 2600-2400rpm. Anything way below that means converter is locked up.(bad)

BatMan

Reaction score
MAJOR update:

So I called the guy who said he replaced my Main Relay the first time and he said "No, I replaced the WIRE, not the actual plug."

W...T...F....

So could it still be a faulty Main Relay itself??? Not the wire?

BatMan

Reaction score
Yes would be torque converter going out. But do a stall test: Hold the brake and then wide open throttle.for a few seconds. should stall around 2600-2400rpm. Anything way below that means converter is locked up.(bad)

I'll do that as soon as I get home. Thanks.

Back