Brake pads

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
um.. im going to replace my front pads this week and i was wondering if theres anything i should watch out for that i would miss easily. Im also wondering if i needa bleed the brakes as well after the pad change. thx guys! :thumbsup:

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
how bout ur rotors....might as well take a look at em too since ur doing the brakes....

and may the force be with u....... :skurred:

finch13

Reaction score
If you have ABS, make sure you can't use a C-clamp to force the caliper piston back in. Don't ask me how to do it, I've never delt with ABS.

Top off the brake fluid when you're done. Shouldn't need to bleed anything unless you disconnect a hose or something.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol no money to change out rotors yet. im planning to get slotted rotors when i get the money, and brake fluid will overflow? o_O

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have ABS, make sure you can't use a C-clamp to force the caliper piston back in. Don't ask me how to do it, I've never delt with ABS.

Top off the brake fluid when you're done. Shouldn't need to bleed anything unless you disconnect a hose or something.

how would i know if i have abs or not branndon? :eh:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol k, the only problem i think ima face is compressing the piston. do i really need a C clamp? cant i just hold it up while i take out the pads then put it back down while i take apart the shims to put in my new pads and grease?

jaz

Reaction score
hey man its really easy nothing to it.... just take off your wheel, take out the bottom caliper pin then lift the caliper upand the pads should be able to slip in and out... just to be sure take off your brake fluid cap to prevent from overflowing but it probably wont so don't worry about it...only bleed if you feel you need it.. but you probably don't

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey man its really easy nothing to it.... just take off your wheel, take out the bottom caliper pin then lift the caliper upand the pads should be able to slip in and out... just to be sure take off your brake fluid cap to prevent from overflowing but it probably wont so don't worry about it...

thats exactly wut i thought but i got kinda worried with the c clamp bs thing so im asking questions bout it. :thinking:

jaz

Reaction score
yeah i honestly don't really know what thats all about... never had to use one... :/

Back