Brake pads

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
C clamps make its much easier to push the calipers back. Make sure you have the brake fluid resovor open when u do that, have PLENTY of rags around the resovor. Brake fluid is going to be coming out of the resevor when your pushing the calipers back in.

Once you take off the old pads, look where the OEM grease is. Make sure u re lube the same spots on the new pads. Once they are installed, u will need to take some more brake fluid out of the resovor because its going to be on the edge of pouring out. I just used a lot of paper towels to soak up the extra fluid until it was at the right level.

MAKE SURE not to drip any of it on your paint or anything rubber.

Your brakes will feel soft for atleast 500-1000 miles until they are completely seated onto the rotors flat surface. You will experience less pedal travel right away but its going to feel spongy for a while. Break them in easily if you can.....once they are broken in. There will be a big difference in the brakes. GOOD LUCK!

MrLazie1

Reaction score
oh i see. i have a question.. its related to brakes..

so yesterday when i was driving, i didnt know my hand brake light was on. and my hand brake was all the way down already. it was on for like 15-20 minutes then it went away just like that. do you have an idea what happened there?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you might need a new cap on the brake reservoir (not likely), but since it went off, its probably just your brake pads being low. once the fluid in the brake fluid reservoir gets below a certain point, it triggers that same light to come, that also comes on with your ebrake. unless youve recently done your brakes, you probably need to replace them.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
:eh: wuts wrong with getting new pads? :jae:

well wat do brake pads do......bite down on the rotors......rotors u can always get resurfaced....brake pads.....well u gotta get new brake pads....so the logic in gettin brake pads and not new rotors is like changing ur car oil and not changin the filter.....

if ur already goin to work on the brake pads might as well get ur rotors done too at the same time so they wear out evenly.....instead of one before the other.....which is redundant.....

MrLazie1

Reaction score
you might need a new cap on the brake reservoir (not likely), but since it went off, its probably just your brake pads being low. once the fluid in the brake fluid reservoir gets below a certain point, it triggers that same light to come, that also comes on with your ebrake. unless youve recently done your brakes, you probably need to replace them.

oh okay thanks. my front brake pads are kinda low. so i guess ill change them soon.

Back