so today my tranny crapped out

TheHunter

Reaction score
^ +1. The auto tranny will just die again. Where as the 6 speed gives your car a second life. I think you need a little persuasion... haha. Ask anyone who has ridden with me!

jwong512

Reaction score
^ +1. The auto tranny will just die again. Where as the 6 speed gives your car a second life. I think you need a little persuasion... haha. Ask anyone who has ridden with me!

Or tried to keep up with you. My 4 banger auto stood NO CHANCE at all against RJ. I had a tough time keeping up with him even on local and I was revving around 3.5-4k.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Or tried to keep up with you. My 4 banger auto stood NO CHANCE at all against RJ. I had a tough time keeping up with him even on local and I was revving around 3.5-4k.

.... I was going really slow though! I wasn't even aware he was trying to "keep up"

accord786

Reaction score
Dam, that sucks. Most of the 6GA's were covered under the extended warranty. I guess you just got unlucky :(. Well, I believe Davis got a new transmission for a pretty decent price. I forgot how much. You should ask him.

Yea jwong ur rite but the honda people say sum 6th gens r covered not all of thm i was trying to do the same with my car but they said it will take big money to fix it

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Good luck. I am in the process of 6 speed swaping as we speak. Just got to run some money by my mechanic at Fast Tech Motorsports and its golden. He sourced a couple different 6 speeds for me around 1500 bucks. RJ (The Hunter) sent me an email with a lot of the swap info, and I passed that along to my mechanic. I have that email if your interested, or I'm sure RJ would forward it to you. GL

jwong512

Reaction score
.... I was going really slow though! I wasn't even aware he was trying to "keep up"

I said I was going to follow you since you had the directions. We were going to roll out together. Don't try to play it off :p. We all know how you love your 6-speed. Even at 85mph, you were far ahead. That's not going slow...

But yeah, I've witness 6-speed power. VERY fast and I think its worth it for sure...

TheHunter

Reaction score
I said I was going to follow you since you had the directions. We were going to roll out together. Don't try to play it off :p. We all know how you love your 6-speed. Even at 85mph, you were far ahead. That's not going slow...

But yeah, I've witness 6-speed power. VERY fast and I think its worth it for sure...

heh... maybe I'm just a little confused by what a normal speed is now.

Also AllGOnoSHOW (I don't know your name I think...) what kind of tranny are you getting for that much? I hope it has a LSD, because if you look for an accord tranny you can get it for around 700 or so. I got mine for that much with the flywheel and linkages.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Cl. Type s

Ah ok thats reasonable for the LSD. The best price I could find for one was 1200... on the east coast, plus I didn't have the money to do the swap in the first place... or I would have gone with it. Good luck with your swap, it will be something you won't regret!

Back