so today my tranny crapped out

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
thanks man if it wern't for you and couple other guys i be in deep sh*t but hopefully it'll come through, well the tranny is found, and the shifter from a cl-s is at his shop and so yeah i just need a couple more parts it was so bad today man i couldn't even put my car in reverse

DrOwZee

Reaction score
damn jack! reading this gets me all antsy. once i get my small claims from my accident a year ago and wen my tranny dies, 6 speed here i come! good luck on the progress man

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
thanks mike! tell u the truth i had no intention of doing a tranny swap but it suddenly forced me to

i was originally gonna just give up on this car and get another car

but using 4g isn't gonna buy me a much better car and since i only have 100k on the odometer for a 99 i figure i'm gonna just gonna invest in a 6spd and hope i can still drive it for the next couple years until i graduate and afford a better car

but yeah once i have everything i'll start taking pics and posting progress, thanks all for the support

DrOwZee

Reaction score
^^yee.
i feel you jack. as for me wen i decided to sell my car, i didnt know what to get cuz i couldnt see myself in another car besides my accord lol. but yea dude hit me up if you need some help with the swap dude. ill be down to come one day and help you out/learn more bout the swap

MrLazie1

Reaction score
^^yee.
i feel you jack. as for me wen i decided to sell my car, i didnt know what to get cuz i couldnt see myself in another car besides my accord lol. but yea dude hit me up if you need some help with the swap dude. ill be down to come one day and help you out/learn more bout the swap

me tooo me too. but i think it might be a weekday that i cant do. haha are you willing to drive that far mike? :p

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
@ Mike & John yeah you guys can defintely come check it out, since i'm dropping it off soon at a shop near El Monte, the guy whos doing it is legit hes done many other swaps too

right now i'm just wishing it was saturday already so i can pick up my 6speed tranny

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I love reading these threads. I mean I'm always sorry that this tragedy befalls the OP and I feel bad that there is that period of frusteration...but it is so uplifting to read about these cars being reborn and better off than they were before. (and imo, the way they should have been in the first place)

I also don't think you can have too many threads about 6spd swapping, because it's not like these swaps are done every week. It's so long between when they happen, at least on this site, that by the time another person is doing one there is new information or someone has something new to share that will majorly help out the person in need.

And I'm with you, Mike. Reading this makes me antsy. But admittedly I'm glad I am not in a desperate situation like this just yet because I'm not ready lol.

Definitely looking forward to pics Werkmeister, and congrats to you!

TheHunter

Reaction score
And I'm with you, Mike. Reading this makes me antsy. But admittedly I'm glad I am not in a desperate situation like this just yet because I'm not ready lol.

Definitely looking forward to pics Werkmeister, and congrats to you!

... you will be eventually. I guarantee it. Lol... but you'll hopefully be ready.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
quick update...

i picked up a clutch pedals and master cylinder from a 99 5spd accord today, parts are coming along

on a side story

so today i went with me my gf and my friend to the junkyard trying to pick up parts in sun valley, my friend drives a 99 4 door integra and its clean, slammed with dope wheels, well my gf was tired so she was in the car playing with my phone and me and my friend went in to ask about parts........

when we came out we notice a van creeping slowly and the 2 guys inside just staring at the car...me and my friend already knew that they wanted to steal the car...but since they drove up we figure lets just be careful, so i went to my gf and i told her lock all the doors and if anything call us right away....

not even 5 minutes later when i went back into the junkyard, my gf calls me and was telling me that this fat dude was trying to open my friends door and i guess they didn't see my gf inside the car so she started to pound on the glass and the guy got scared and hopped back in the van and drove off, by the time me and my friend ran there the van had made a left

we couldn't get the entire license plate but its an older white astro van with the license plate that started with 3CL something and 2 latinos around ages of 20-30, my gf said the guy that tried to steal the car was overweight

wow can't believe it and this happen around 430pm broad daylight

Back