Still low idle! Really?! Wow...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i recall seeing that hose before...its just there...doesn't hook into anything but the trans.

if we weren't having 25-50mph winds i'd go take a look...the hood prop is iffy as it is.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
i recall seeing that hose before...its just there...doesn't hook into anything but the trans.

if we weren't having 25-50mph winds i'd go take a look...the hood prop is iffy as it is.

Thanks Ryan appreciate it. Could you double check when you get a chance? Also OP before Ryan, what do you have?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
That hose is either
1) breather for the trans
2) breather for the rear mount, which is hydraulic. If you ever break your rear mount and have to replace it, you'll see a bunch of hydraulic fluid splash out of it.

And they just sit there, so don't worry about all that.

As for the rounded off nut... What size socket were you using? Try and use a 6 point 12mm. It'll grab better than the 12 point 12mm you're using.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
That's the breather for your transmission, its there incase you over-fill or overheat the transmission. The fluid has to have some place to escape.

I can already tell your problem is due to a dirty *** throttle body. It looks really bad. Make sure you use throttle body safe spray, mine didnt even look that bad.

CLEAN YOUR TB!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan appreciate it. Could you double check when you get a chance? Also OP before Ryan, what do you have?
since the diagram is reversed, flip the transmission around in your mind. locate studs 11 and 12 (the #12 by itself is the "rear" of the transmission)...the hose ends up under the trans mount. so, it has to be hooked into the breather hole under the mount (#9).

mine, however, is clipped to a hose near the end...its not just hanging out like yours. i mean...the breather tube is open, its simply got a plastic bracket securing it to another hose so it doesn't flop around or whatever. shouldnt make any difference anyway.
That's the breather for your transmission, its there incase you over-fill or overheat the transmission. The fluid has to have some place to escape.

I can already tell your problem is due to a dirty *** throttle body. It looks really bad. Make sure you use throttle body safe spray, mine didnt even look that bad.

CLEAN YOUR TB!
i have a clean throttle body with the same problem...what's the issue with my car? :coffee:

redlinevtec

Reaction score
i have a clean throttle body with the same problem...what's the issue with my car? :coffee:

My car stalls now and cuts off when engaging into gear from park or neutral at a stop light. My mpgs are horrible also. Even idles a little rough and starts hard in park or neutral. 1 1/2 year old starter and new battery. So maybe we don't have the same problem. Thanks for your reply Ryan. I'll find out this weekend if this fixes the problem.

redlinevtec

Reaction score

CLEAN YOUR TB!

Yeah I'm gonna finish this Saturday. I hope so man. I been driving my parents POS Chrysler 300. Man...that's another story. I miss my Honda already. I'll let you guys know how it goes this Saturday with an update.

Back