Let's talk side mirrors

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I don't know either, it's retarded. Areas in the north and northeast could certainly use it. Makes no sense why we didn't get them... :mad:

Mikey

Reaction score
Doesnt get as cold down here. Same reason you guys got heated seats and all that other cool stuff.

I think sellers, on Ebay especially, are getting caught up in the differences between "power, folding" and "power folding". I obviously want to be able to move them up/down/left/right but when I say "power folding", or "PFM", I mean that I can push a button and they fold-in.

Raul, Ive thought about going that direction myself but, IDK...I like be able to bend them in, should the need arise, lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It got down to 10 degrees a few times last year, and most of the time it was between 17 and 28 during the dead of winter, at least where I live. If I have to scrape my mirrors…heated mirrors are warranted. And like I said it’s even colder in the northeastern states, not to mention they get a ton of snow. I still don’t think there is any good reason we didn’t get the option of heated mirrors.

We get heated seats now...we should have back when these cars came out as well.

I was looking at them, I think they are still manual folding mirrors, seeing as how they come from Texas.

The true JDM ones, you can usually tell that they are the actual power folding mirrors.

Ebay JDM Power Folding Mirrors

Gotcha.

So in the link you posted…am I looking for CL1 mirrors? Or CF4?

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
This passed March, we got 22" of snow. At once. I cant even count the number of times Ive had to scrape my side mirrors. 80% of the time, if I have to scrape my windows, I also have to scrape the mirrors. DEFINITELY warrants heated mirros.

I made a post on Azine asking about dimensions and what-not so we'll see how far I get with that. A buddy of mine has an 01 TL-S, Ill ask him to measure and see what he's got.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
b!l@l has 3rd Gen TL mirrors in his coupe. Looks good.

Muhib, where did you see he had 3G TL mirrors? Cuz his MR page says his mirrors are 3.2 CL...

This photo is from his retrofit FS thread which I'm guessing is more recent, so I am wondering if the info on his MR ride page is out of date, or if they actually are CL mirrors.

IMG_23331.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
It got down to 10 degrees a few times last year, and most of the time it was between 17 and 28 during the dead of winter, at least where I live. If I have to scrape my mirrors…heated mirrors are warranted. And like I said it’s even colder in the northeastern states, not to mention they get a ton of snow. I still don’t think there is any good reason we didn’t get the option of heated mirrors.

We get heated seats now...we should have back when these cars came out as well.

Gotcha.

So in the link you posted…am I looking for CL1 mirrors? Or CF4?

CF4 Mirrors

Mikey

Reaction score
That's not bad for PFMs. 4Gs run about the same price.

I think I'll have the best luck either finding a CA member here, or on cragslist, for heated mirrors. Mine already fold, and I dont mind folding them manually, I just want them to heat.

Back