What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
2015 toyota tacoma: Enhancement Package

Repeat customer coming in for his quarterly detail to refresh after going offroad a bit. Washed the car, addressed the wheel wells, iron x, claybar, applied a durable wax to get it ready for offroading again. Touched up a couple of chips as well which were rusting.

DetailedByPrecision3337 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3345 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3351 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3357 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3363 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3365 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3367 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3362 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3376 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3374 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3383 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing. Appreciate comments and questions are welcomed.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
How to apply a glass coating ft Detailer's Pro Series Glass Coating

Product description: (taken from autogeek.net)

Detailer's Pro Series Glass Coating is a super-hydrophobic nano-glass ceramic coating that creates an extremely hard, crystal-clear barrier of protection on exterior glass surfaces. Treated glass surfaces will be impenetrable to environmental contaminants while exhibiting super hydrophobic properties; water will bead up and roll off while snow and ice will be effortless to remove. A single application lasts up to one year!

This product is the first version of the new and improved current version McKee's 37 Glass Coating. I have not tried to newer version yet but I'm positive it is much easier to work with based on credible reviews by individuals I highly trust.

Start off by cleaning all the windows with glass cleaner. Next claybar, then followed up with steel wool(0000 grade). Rinse off all glass thoroughly to remove any trace of the steel wool. Optional step would be to polish the glass by using a machine to remove any scratches or wiper marks, or water stains on glass. Grab an applicator of choice and apply glass coating onto one window at a time. Buff off window immediately after applying glass coating because this product flashes extremely fast. Does not require to set up or haze. After completing all windows, allow glass coating to cure overnight for maximum durability without getting wet or exposed to elements.

DetailedByPrecision3481 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3482 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3483 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3484 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3493 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3494 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3496 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Before and after. Water staying still vs water being repelled

DetailedByPrecision3476 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3505 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Feel free to ask questions regarding the process. Always willing to lend a hand. Thanks for viewing. Now the glass is coated and ready for the winter season!

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apply a glass coating to help repel water during the winter season ft: Gtechniq G5

GTechniq G5 Water Repellent Coating is a high-tech coating designed to protect glass and acrylic surfaces. GTechniq G5 Water Repellent Coating is designed to offer the very best dirt and water repellency on treated surfaces leaving them cleaner for longer. G5 Water Repellent Coating works on a molecular level to seal the surface, creating an immense amount of surface tension so water beads up and rolls off. (borrowed from autogeek)

DetailedByPrecision1652 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
How to clean your carpets with a dual action upholstery brush attachment

Before using this tool I would manually scrub the carpets with a stiff bristle brush paired with carpet cleaner. Now I am able to get the results I want faster and more efficient using the upholstery brush attachment.

Starting condition: Spilled some liquid and probably sitting for one month

DetailedByPrecision3535 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Grab your attachment and put it on your dual action polisher

DetailedByPrecision3536 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3538 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

For this demonstration I used a product that is still currently one of my favorites and easily purchasable at Home Depot. Spray over area liberally

DetailedByPrecision3540 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3541 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Use speed 3 in a crosshatch pattern.

DetailedByPrecision3544 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Stop and check your work after couple section passes. Do not wipe up and down to smear the dirt back onto the surface. I used a blot and twisting motion to pick up the loose agitated dirt

DetailedByPrecision3545 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

End result: Not bad..... Did not use an extractor in this demonstration

DetailedByPrecision3535 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3548 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

This same method can be used on fabric seats as well, but requires a less aggressive upholstery attachment with softer bristles. Feel free to ask questions or leave a comment. Thanks.

Back