P1259 cel, No vtec yo:[

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Pretty clean under the valve cover. I see nothing wrong. I SEE. i dont know, Lost motion assemblies make alot of noise when they get saggy. Provided you have spring one not hydraulic. And... If i was you, if you have not cleaned the screen, just get a new one. Then take off the Vtec solenoid, and try to push that plunger down, it should move. Then check the oil pressure switch. then connector. Then... I have no idea. Clean your air filter. My car threw a Vtec malfunction code, p1259 or whatever. Something like that, Turned out to be an air restriction. Bleh. Cleaned Filter, Life is good.

I think it might be the LMA's because after an oil change I had the code cleared and it hasn't returned, but the sound is still there. Probablly gonna end up buying 4 new lost motion springs and just replace them all. If I end up doing it myself i'll also do a write up on it:thumbup:

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Well, It's been this long and the problem still hasen't been resolved. And now things have gotten worse... Was driving home with my buddy the other and after a light turned green I accelerated up to about 3k-3500 rpms and my motor starts cutting and making really bad sounds followed by violent shaking and my check engine light coming back on. After that my car now accelerates horribly slow and will hardly make it over 60. Stopped at advanced auto parts on the way home and got my code checked right quick and it was the same code that had been gone for a while, P1259. My uncle is gonna take it to his friends shop on wednesday for a diagnosis.

All this crap right as summer starts, what a graduation gift :(

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Well, It's been this long and the problem still hasen't been resolved. And now things have gotten worse... Was driving home with my buddy the other and after a light turned green I accelerated up to about 3k-3500 rpms and my motor starts cutting and making really bad sounds followed by violent shaking and my check engine light coming back on. After that my car now accelerates horribly slow and will hardly make it over 60. Stopped at advanced auto parts on the way home and got my code checked right quick and it was the same code that had been gone for a while, P1259. My uncle is gonna take it to his friends shop on wednesday for a diagnosis.

All this crap right as summer starts, what a graduation gift :(

Thats just your car going into "limp" mode. Search about it. Basically its so low on oil that it won't let your vtec kick in above ~3500RPM. It's happened to me before, just add more oil.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Thats just your car going into "limp" mode. Search about it. Basically its so low on oil that it won't let your vtec kick in above ~3500RPM. It's happened to me before, just add more oil.

Thats the thing though, it has only been like 1200 maybe 1500 miles since an oil change. So if it already doesn't have enough oil then it is either leaking it or burning it correct? Cuz I highly doubt that it would just run low on oil after only 1200-1500 miles.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Thats the thing though, it has only been like 1200 maybe 1500 miles since an oil change. So if it already doesn't have enough oil then it is either leaking it or burning it correct? Cuz I highly doubt that it would just run low on oil after only 1200-1500 miles.

You and I got the same problem. I'm losing coolant real quick too, I think I may have a cracked head gasket but I will know for sure by Wed.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
I just got it fixed today. Turns out one of my valves was bad and I had an oil leak. Therefore when oil got low, like you said, vtec light would come on and car wouldn't run right. As for the low power and bad idle, that was probably due to the bad valve. Now my car runs strong, all it needs is an oil change, another valve adjustment, and a wash =]

sunroof

Reaction score
oh man, im next, got the screen/gasket kit from the dealer for the vtec solenoid, hope it's just a matter of switching it for me

filslife

Reaction score
Is The A Way To Check You Oil Pressure Sensor Without A Tester??? I've Replaced the gaskets on the solenoid , hot-wire the solenoid to ensure it works. can someone help me, i'm gettin pissed off with this car

Back