Opinions on painted stockies.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
to be honest though.. i did try repainting them the stock color but the silver color spraypaints dont really look right. so i said fuk it and did white. no regrets

There is no stock color, your rims were machined.

when it comes down to it, its whatever you like bro. dont really matter what other people think. cause i know i dont givesadamn :chucklesfawk:

Werd son. Who cares about being cheap and ghetto. It's that thug life. :poke:

tumblr_lit6wvkum91qd1g7zo1_500.gif

accord_luv

Reaction score
Werd son. Who cares about being cheap and ghetto. It's that thug life. :poke:

Hahaha thats definitely not what i was trying to say. i was simply stating that theres nothing wrong with painting stock rims as long as they're done tastefully. i did mines because it was scuffed up and looked horrible.

Im not telling him to go paint it yellow or purple, just trying to tell the guy to have his own opinion as well. if you listen to everybody then there will never be any originality.

There is no stock color, your rims were machined.

i didnt realize just because its machined it doesnt have a color. everything has some sort of color, but if you say it doesnt then it must be true. :jealousbow: lol

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
make it bronze! lol i did that to my steelies turned out alright but at the same time, my car was red lol, but bronze wouldnt look too bad on silver, and imo it doesnt look too crazy

-bl-

Reaction score
I painted my stock rims gunmetal heres some pics so you can see what they look like.
07052011269.jpg

07052011268.jpg

07052011270.jpg

07052011267.jpg

This is the brand of paint i used (but in gun metal):
img2011111200397.jpg

They turnned out really good for me and i like them a lot. How they looked before i painted them was so bad, they were all scratched up and had horrible curb rash on them, however since i painted them i filled in all the imperfections and made the rims look new. All together i think i spent maybe $40 and my own labour.

anyways just an example for yea

Good luck on the job and hope it goes well for you! i totally agree that you should paint your rims!

Last edited:

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
I want to try something different on a budget! any opinions on painted stockies?
pink teal red yellow black white blue... etc

how old are you 15?

If you want to mod your car on a budget, you can get a rotary polisher for $60-70 bucks, buy some meguiars 105 and get a buffing pad for $10

done right you should be able to make your paint shine for under $100

not some some ghetto looking busted beater car with stock painted pink rims

Back