2 problem

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
here is my problem. this just happen like 30 mins ago. when i tap my brakes pedal my car looses power but it gets the power back when i step on the gas. so i went home and change my spark plug and wire( bc its been awhile since i changed it). so when i pull them out i notice there was a "Little" bit of oil in them. is there suppose to be some in there and how do i clean it out?

and why would my car loose power when i tap on my brakes.

99 accord 4cyl 188,xxx miles on it

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
bad alternator would be my guess on the tapping of brakes, if not something electrical. i have the same problem when my batt terminals come loose/off and the alternator has to switch from alt-batt

as far as oil, if there is alot, then the vc seals are bad. to clean it out use a small ripped rag on a wire hanger or just remove the boot over and over again till the oil is no more

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Jeff, I am selling a valvecover kit, with the plug seals and everything unopened from Honda. Let me know if you are interested. $35 SHIPPED.

IMG_7327.jpg

MikeyMike

Reaction score
get on the highway and floor it.. when you let go of the gas, if all your dash lights turn on IE battery, signals, brake, doors open etc your alternator is on its way out

the fact that everything is dimming it telling you your car has a charging issue.. best way to test an alternator with out a voltmeter is to stress it...

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
i've explained this in another thread but test the battery with a voltmeter as stated with the car off. should read around 12v. turn the car on with everything off and test again and it should read about 14v. if the car is on and the volts stay at 12 your alternator isn't charging the battery but also check the terminals...loose terminal means no charge.

Back